Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What do you think is the coolest phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

jonny2005 wrote:
    I was looking on the O2 site and saw this new NEC phone, it looks kinda ipodish...
    Yes its white and technically speaking, sh1te!
    Looks crap to me.
    Coolest phone's got to be SE w800i.
    SWEET :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

looks crap as everyone else has said.only a vga cam too

Slurms wrote:
    6680 but only cos I have one.

Agreed,just got mine today and its beautifull \o/

Slurms wrote:
    wow, looks crap.
    LOL. Yeah it's a motorola so, good for two things - paper weight and construction materials.
    I tells you all we should be in south korea, now they have cool phones which we wont see for about 5 years over here:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

K750i or 6680 would be favourites at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 greendaysean15

rugbug86 wrote:
    motorola v1050 - tis class!
    I SECOND THE MOTION

updates now...

n70 n90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Richie6904 wrote:
    Ill have to say either the W800i W550i or the S700i or the 8800

the 8800 is would be a good phone for 300-400. at 800-900 its crap. and quite a lot of them are faulty

i'd have to agree with the w800i, although if i was to get that id get a k750 much cheaper and flash it to a w800. my personal favourite is the 6680, again because i have one. the 6280 looks slightly better but i haven't seen that in the shops yet, only in their catalogues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Dave wrote:
    The camera is shítty on it though.

Yes, and it *only* has an integrated 250 GB SATA HDD!

I must say I like the SE K750i. Seems quite user-friendly and doesn't break the bank. Too many sub-menus on the V3!

I've just ordered my K750i. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

MiCr0 wrote:
    or perhaps the rather lovely looking
    SonyEricsson p990i
    Details
    Any idea what sort of cost that is going to be?

I do love my P900. I've tried several times with newer phones, but I just keep going back to the P900... I really love the idea of having a WLAN card in one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

Nokia N92

BuffyBot wrote:
    I've just ordered my K750i. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

dont like em anymore. too old. they were good a year ago

dont like em anymore.

They probably feel the same about you.

Apart from anything else, they're still pretty up-to-date in comparison to a lot of alternatives out there, and more than sufficient for most mobile users, and therefore suits me fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

really liking my v3x at the moment
    best phone ive had in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Nokia 6233 - out mid 2006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

Sony Ericsson K750 if the K700 is anything to go by :)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I prefer the look of the K700i to the K750i.

It's gotta be a Sony Ericsson-their new Walkman phone looks brilliant W900 i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Had both, still using th 750i, I thought initially the 700i was better looking but the black 750 won me over. Love this phone, great camera and tonnes of functions. Loving the memroy stick slot too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Had the K750 for a week and I couldn't get rid of it quick enough. The RF reception is just as bad as the T610 I had years ago and worse that the V800.. This for me made it impossible to keep. The UI would have drove me insane within another week though.

I had the P910i and its a waste of space unless you need such a device.

Have been using the 6680 since is was released on Vodafone, had the 6630 before this, the 7610 before that and the 7650 before that.. The Series 60 phones are by the far the best phones on the market with the only flaws being the slight lag that occurs at random.. There is nothing that compares in my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd go for the w800i in black if price wasn't an issue. Otherwise the k750i which I have ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

1huge1 wrote:
    really liking my v3x at the moment
    best phone ive had in a long time
    Your last phone was a Motorla too then? Go on... treat yourself to a Nokia 1101 and you'll never go back! Just see how you get reception ... :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ciaranfo wrote:
    I'd go for the w800i in black if price wasn't an issue. Otherwise the k750i which I have ...

i got it(best xmas gift from the gf ever) Its great, I've always been a sony man, big step up from my t630, family guy and full dvds work on it and proper headphones, what more could youask for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

ciaranfo wrote:
    Your last phone was a Motorla too then? Go on... treat yourself to a Nokia 1101 and you'll never go back! Just see how you get reception ... :P
    actually ive always had nokia's and my last 3 have been nokia smartphones
    nokia 7650 i think
    and 6600
    and in the end ya there good phones but i just want one that looks cool
    you kind of get sick of thier features after a while
    only at the start did i download apps for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

I had the P910i and its a waste of space unless you need such a device.

Have been using the 6680 since is was released on Vodafone, had the 6630 before this, the 7610 before that and the 7650 before that.. The Series 60 phones are by the far the best phones on the market with the only flaws being the slight lag that occurs at random.. There is nothing that compares in my mind.

i couldn't agree more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

RING RING RING RING RING RING BANANAPHOOOONE!! :D

Anywhoo, I got my K750 in Bangkok 6 months ago and it's still great, have a 2gig card packed with media in it, awesome-o!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RYR154

Best phone I ever had/have, Imate SP5 (Not SP5m)

Bluetooth/IR/WI-FI

Sync's with outlook and charges at the same time.
    Extra cable only cost 5euro as its a miniUSB cable.
    Can be used like an extra hard drive when connected to the PC (Copy and Paste)

Small enough so you don't look like you are talking into a brick like other PDS phones I had.

O.... and just dam sexy looking. Blue Green and orange lights hidden in the holes for the earpiece.

Flightmode so you can use your other phone features while on a plane.

and this is just to start with.

Alan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Has to be the motorola v50 i loved mine (some prick stole it).Always meant to get another one.But im gettin a w800i this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Grr why is everyone getting a K750i or a W800i NOW! I mean they are an old phone ( well maybe because Ireland is one of the most ****ty mobile phone countries (releasing) out there ). Maybe im just up to date with mobile-review.com et cbut thats the way i feel....

i like the N93's design very stylish. Wonder if it will make Ireland :rolleyes:

Advertisement