Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give us Barabbas

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Erm, don't we have a star trek board?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

That truly is the final frontier for me, as a woman. I dare not cross the neutral zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

ecksor wrote:
    Call me crazy, but if there's a problem with a moderator I think it's better to handle it somewhat discreetly.
    Discretion is a kindness to the wrongdoer but maybe it does the rest of boards a disservice to keep misdeeds hidden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭black_jack

Zaph0d wrote:
    Discretion is a kindness to the wrongdoer but maybe it does the rest of boards a disservice to keep misdeeds hidden.

A) what service do the admins actually owe you? They run boards they select the mods, they descide to remove a mod.

B) Don't you think you do mods a disservice with your inane pop idol suggestion to vote off mods? Mods who give up their spare time with no reward. If their reputation is in question the admins can remove them with discretion.

What gives you the right to have a say in the status of moderators. Spare me the "I'm a member of a community" horse manure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

The admins owe me nothing. I am making a suggestion to help them improve their site. It may be a really poor suggestion in your view but most new ideas look that way at first.

As for my right to dare to make a suggestion, well that's in the charter.

If I were a suspicious fella, I'd think you were a second nick for a bad mod.
    DeVore wrote:
    HOW THIS FORUM WORKS!! (read me)

This is the forum where all users are equal except for the 5 admins:
    Vexorg, DeVore, Regi, Ecksor and Cloud

Its the place where you feedback to us what you like (or dislike) about the site.
    Dont be afraid to criticise, if you are civil and backup your point with a reasonable argument you'll find us reasonable people. In many ways, this site has been a success simply because most people are reasonable and will accept reasonable rules and restrictions where necessary. Feel free to tell us what you think would make it better. We may very well implement your idea (we've done that a ton of times before) or we may very well completely ignore it or tell you we cant.
    All suggestions and feedback are discussable by all users... some will give their views forcibly. Like all forums this one is built on civility to one another and staying on topic. Please respect that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Zaph0d wrote:
    most new ideas look that way at first.

Would you just shut up please. Just, shut up. Just shut the hell up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭black_jack

Zaph0d wrote:
    The admins owe me nothing. I am making a suggestion to help them improve their site. It may be a really poor suggestion in your view but most new ideas look that way at first.

Yeah they laughed when I created Pencillin! Laughed, I tell you!

As for my right to dare to make a suggestion, well that's in the charter.

As is my god given right to tell you just how crap your suggestion is.

If I were a suspicious fella, I'd think you were a second nick for a bad mod.

But you're not and I'm not. Just a regular user who can't believe how crap an idea you're presenting. Why on earth would I hide my idenitity to tell you how bad an idea this is, plenty of mods have weighed in on this thread to give their opinions. Really you flatter yourself.

"Hey yeah, lets vote, make modding a popularity contest, increase the workload of admins, and engage in some tedious point scoring! Why?"
    Sky1-style witch-hunt entertainment for the troops

Well! I'm sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

<edit>feck, wrong thread :p</edit>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Zaph0d wrote:

I've mentioned elsewhere that I believe that much of the appeal of many of our forums is a certain voyeuristic tendency that some (most? all?) people have in much the same way that people read tabloid thrash about celebrity gossip and watch Big Brother on television. Parading "dirty laundry" in this manner would certainly feed that audience, but what other benefit does it offer to the users of boards?

Honestly, we're accused often enough of getting caught up in our own little virtual world because of the way we run things around here but now we're supposed to take upon ourselves to organise a regular little witchhunt for people who were kind enough to agree to contribute to the running of the site but impertinent enough not to measure up to our expectations?

In conclusion, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Baz_ wrote:
    <edit>feck, wrong thread :p</edit>
    Now that is going into my sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

ecksor wrote:
    In conclusion, no.

Two words too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

INFIGHTING!! INFIGHTING!! Quick Zaph0d, get the popcorn and the big pointy foam fingers, it's like the Coliseum I tells ya!

D wrote:
    Now that is going into my sig.
    I don't know whether to be flattered or.... well, in fact I don't know what to be, as I don't really understand why you would put it in your sig.

Unless of course it was the dumbness of such a post, in which case I'm highly offended :mad:.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Baz_ wrote:
    I don't know whether to be flattered or.... well, in fact I don't know what to be, as I don't really understand why you would put it in your sig.

Unless of course it was the dumbness of such a post, in which case I'm highly offended :mad:.

:p
    Baz_, I think your sarcasm detector is borked.

Shabadu wrote:
    Baz_, I think your sarcasm detector is borked.
    Oh yes, so it is... Wait a minute... How do I know whether or not your being sarcastic now???

What'll I do??

Advertisement