Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigh! what do I do about this Eircom "Repair" charge

Options
  • 10-10-2005 3:40pm

Ok I've just been handed a €50 bill for eircom to disconnect an outside bell on the phone line here.
    They say its private equipment and was causing the line interference I reported.

Hello-It's an old Eircom-Telecom Eireann bell,I pay line rental. I was renting this bell and wasn't aware that they had suddenly given me a present of it.

Should I have to pay for this? And who do I complain to to get this sorted?
    Why wasnt I informed that I now own the bell and apparently the old eircom/Telecom Eireann socket in the hall too?

It's true-I've looked,they aint charging me rental for them anymore-but they most definitely never told me.

Incidently Only my line rental is with Eircom for an admistrative reason here.
    The calls and broadband are with BT.
    Curiously within an hour or two of reporting the line fault-I got cold called by Eircom to come back to them on calls.
    Coincidence I think not!

Not sure where to put this so I hope this is ok.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Its not private if you can show you EVER rented it from them, when did they stop charging for it ?

mail phil.nolan@eircom.ie to complain I would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yes, do as the 'Man Above' suggests. I never disagree with him, and Phil Nolan loves him :) .

P. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Didn't they write to everyone giving them a present of all their Telecom/P&T dodgy wiring and wind up telephones from the 70s ?

I seem to remember a "we are no longer taking any responsibility for anything anymore" type letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I still think that my dad is paying equipment rental of €3 per month for his eircom branded phone! :eek:

Advertisement