Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question for the arsenal fans.

• 10-10-2005 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

if you were arsène wenger and could pick up a manchester utd player. which one would you choose?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Hmmm, I'd have to say Rooney or Ronaldo, not exactly what we're looking for but there's both fantastic players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

You wouldn't be tempted by John O'Shea to replace Ashley Cole on the left? :p

If they could pick any player, they could probably do with Ronaldo, though it would be interesting to see how Henry and Van Nistlerooy would play together. Could be a great partnership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If Henry and Van Nist played together, there would be no defense which could stop them, none whatsoever. They would score every game.

I always wanted Henry to play for Man Utd because of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

George Best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Personally I would pick ronaldo and then run him over with one of those cars he sponsers and that will teach him to stay down :D

However If I was AW I would not lower myself to pick any I would be happy with what I have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Van Nistelrooy, it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

AW would probably just take Van der Saar, and that'd be it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

Stekelly wrote:
    George Best.

hehe, don't you have another dinosaure to propose? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

Can't believe only one person's said Rooney so far.

me, i would pick up giggs. i like this guy, even if he is nomore what he has been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I think Rooney is the better player but I'd pick Van Nistelrooy because he's the type of goalhanger Arsenal need... although Ruud is getting on a bit and Rooney isn't even 20 yet. One player I'd never have is Ronaldo, I do not rate him at all. Classic case of style over substance. Heinze would be good if Cole goes to cheslea for a stupid amount of money (hopefully).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i have always wondered what Henry and van Nistelrooy could do together up front

i'd imagine with Henry doing the running and van Nistelrooy doing the poaching they would be unbeatable

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i have always wondered what Henry and van Nistelrooy could do together up front

i'd imagine with Henry doing the running and van Nistelrooy doing the poaching they would be unbeatable

I reckon they'd be fairly similar to Henry/Trézéguet (i.e., fairly shíte).

I reckon they'd be fairly similar to Henry/Trézéguet (i.e., fairly shíte).

retire immédiatement ce que tu viens de dire!
    :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Rooney or Ronaldo probably... Arsenal are well stocked in both positions already however.

Now if it was Chelsea, then one of the three we'd probably have now anyway if Abramovich hadn't come along - Terry, Gallas or Essien. Maybe Duff or Robben, but again that'd be like taking Rooney or Ronaldo - a bit excessive and wasteful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have to agree with others that Henry/Van Nistelrooy would make defences all over the world crap themselves.
    Although one area that Arsene Wenger hasn't really addressed that Fergie has is the goal-keeping situation, maybe he'd take Van Der Sar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I have to agree with others that Henry/Van Nistelrooy would make defences all over the world crap themselves.
    Although one area that Arsene Wenger hasn't really addressed that Fergie has is the goal-keeping situation, maybe he'd take Van Der Sar.

Lehman isn't as bad as people make out.

Me I would take Rooney. By far and away the most important player at Utd at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I'm utterly flabbergasted that so many people have even mentioned Ronaldo. For a start, he's not actually very good, and secondly, Arsenal have an embarassment of riches out wide.

Personally I would take Van Nistelrooy, I just think he and Henry would work very well together, and he is the exact type of player I feel Arsenal need, a goal poacher. How someone could compare him to Trezeguet is again off the wall.

Rooney is an unbelievable talent, and Uniteds best outfield player at the moment, I just think RvN and Henry would complement each other perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Without a doubt Van Nistelrooy and maybe Van Der Saar as well.

Don't rate Ronaldo at all, Rooney is a great talent but all Arsenal need is a goal hanger at the moment (and a defender so I will nick Terry from Chelsea as well :D).

Advertisement