Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bulb gone on Heater Unit (VW Bora)

• 10-10-2005 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with there Heater Units on the VW Golf or Bora. The bulb went on the Heater Unit a few weeks ago and its only now that the evenings are getting darker that I can't see what I'm doing with the heating system. Has anyone ever changed them before or would I have to replace the Heater Unit entirely?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭HotRodDub

very little to it.

I did this on my A4 so should nt be too different. Buy yourself a Haynes manual (http://www.haynes.com/) and its handy to have one of these around the place for other stuff - otherwise pull the knobs off the heater switches and take it from there.

Its a very small bulb, you'll be amazed at how such a small thing is so neccessary once the evening start getting dark and you are searching for the knobs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

The bulbs are gone on my astra. Doesnt bother me one bit less lights on the inside even though the Astra as a dimmer control i prefer it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Could be just the connection has slipped outta place....happened to me....5 min job to whip out the dash & plug it back in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

I've changed the light on my golf twice (Mk4). Quite simple to do. You'll need a needle nose pliers and a cloth. Turn the centre knob (the fan control) to 2 so that's its vertical, then gently pull the knob out, using the cloth between the knob and the pliers to avoid scratching it. The bulb will then be visible in the dash, pull it out (gently, it's a really small light, you don't want to crush it). Replace with the new bulb and pop the knob back in. There was a step by step description with pictures somewhere on vwvortex but I can't find it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Mick L wrote:
    I've changed the light on my golf twice (Mk4). Quite simple to do. You'll need a needle nose pliers and a cloth. Turn the centre knob (the fan control) to 2 so that's its vertical, then gently pull the knob out, using the cloth between the knob and the pliers to avoid scratching it. The bulb will then be visible in the dash, pull it out (gently, it's a really small light, you don't want to crush it). Replace with the new bulb and pop the knob back in. There was a step by step description with pictures somewhere on vwvortex but I can't find it now.

That'll do the jobby :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement