Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ques re:Dazzle 90

• 10-10-2005 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

http://www.computervideo.net/dec04-1.html
    I know this is not the best of kit but it all I could get my hands on. The problem I have is I have some old Hi-8 tapes which I want to get onto the pc so I can preserve them. The only thing is I only have access to an Amd Xp2000/512mb machine a the moment and every time I try to capture it from the camcorder to the pc it seems to drop frames. Nothing else is running on the machine while I am doing it so did not think there would be a problem, I am using a cut down version of pinnacles software that came with it. Very new to this and I am sure it could be a multitude of things causing this but can anyone point me in the right direction?.IF the problem lies with the fact that the pc is too low spec is there a pci card out there that will do all the donkey work and taken the strain of the cpu and wont break the bank as I know the dazzle is only an interface and does not render anything

Cheers

Cubix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Probably the graphics card and or video over lay errors.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Hi John
    Could you explain a little bit more,also any idea what would be a standard pc spec for video editing

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What graphics card are you using?

DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound card and graphics card (ATI Radeon or Nvidia Geforce 2 or higher recommended)

If you go to http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Dazzle/Digital+Video+Creator+90+Support/Contact/Contact+Support/Contact+Support28250.htm?mode=categories you can ask there.

John

Cheers for that

I have D/L a free copy of Ulead Studio 9 and was wodnering if anyone else uses it and could tell me what the error msg I am getting is. The setup is my Hi-8 camcorder is plug into the dvc-90 which is plug into my usb port

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭krissrodriguez

are u sure that ur usb port is 2.0? that might be your problem!

Hi Kriss
    It did give me some jip when I plugged it into the front ports saying I would get better speed if I used a usb2 port so I plugged it into the back ones and got no such msg. As far as I know the board supports usb2 but will check it out and if not will get my hands on pci usb2 card and see if that solves the prob

Thanks Cubix

Advertisement