Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take down the Paintball banners

Options
  • 10-10-2005 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭

(Sorry if it's been said, but I couldn't see any threads..)

Replace those outdated banners with banners for the cafepress stuff or something?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Give the guys a bleedin break they are trying to get the new servers integrated at the mo so you can imagine they have bigger fish to fry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well done. just well fuking done.

Its just stupid how people are so ignorant to fact of what is going on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

WDK wrote:
    Its just stupid how people are so ignorant to fact of what is going on behind the scenes.
    ooohoookay. i appreciate that there's other,more crucial stuff to do-it's a ****ing suggestion to change banner rotation..ffs

Yeah but hardly going to change fascia of boards and drop everything else to suit moaners like your self.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

yeh ffs tbh jus do it k ffs tbh omg.

All I can say is Lmao.

Giblet wrote:
    yeh ffs tbh jus do it k ffs tbh omg.
    =)

changing a banner is not a complete redesign :rolleyes: ("ffs" is easier than :roll..)

God damn, they have better stuff to do at the moment can you not understand that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

WDK wrote:
    God damn, they have better stuff to do at the moment can you not understand that.

Whatever would we do without you.

• Advertisement

It was a suggestion: to remove outdated content,and replace it with something that may increase revenue..
    At what point did I say to drop everything and do it?

Lol thanks ecksor lol.

""Willem goes in to the corner to please himself at the fact ecksor replied with some kind words""

Lol seriously though the poster just wont get it.

Theres a thread about it half way down the page if you had bothered your arse to look it up. The problem is only one admin can change the banner adds ,and he's been quiet bussy as of late. If it was that easy to change, the adds would have been repalced for the last queerbeers ages ago anyway. No point in taking down the adds unless you have something to put up in their place like.

Lol this probably will be only time I will agree with you Boston. Lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

WDK- you remind me of the guy from the Fast Show sketch who had to keep agreeing with everyone. Reading your posts is akin to watching someone lick the shoes of their greengrocer.

Lol Shabadu I knew that was coming. I will to agree with you lol.

Btw I like you because you gave me a mention on the old podcast. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

WDK. You are a twat.

The guy made a reasonable suggestion. S/He wasn't rude. S/He didn't demand that his suggestion was acted upon. His/Her question mark at the end of the sentence indicates that s/he was open to correction as to why adverts for the cafepress stuff may not be the best replacement.
    WDK wrote:
    Yes. You for instance don't know that the admin that handles the adverts is not one of the admins that will be dealing with the servers. S/He is also a (constantly) busy man, but his being busy is not directly related to what you are talking about.

There isn't really any reason why you need to know that. So that's okay. Up until the point that you start lambasting someone for making a reasonable suggestion. Karoma didn't say to change them right now, s/he just pointed out that they are a bit out of date.

Hopefully the banner ads will be changed soon (I especially hope so as I've something I've ask to have promoted). Maybe they won't. Neither of these outcomes is that likely to depend on what other admins are dealing with.

Comment on the merits of an idea. If someone is asking why something isn't being decided on quickly then point out that the admins are busy. The current situation aside, the admins are always busy. If someone is getting rude about the fact that something isn't being decided upon quickly, then my all means flame them to a crisp. There's no need to be a twat about it.

WDK wrote:
    Lol this probably will be only time I will agree with you Boston. Lol :)

Who are you now?

Lol Talliesin you so crazy lol. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

LiouVille wrote:
    If it was that easy to change, the adds would have been repalced for the last queerbeers ages ago anyway.

oh i thought they were left up to annoy the homophobes who didn't "want it shoved in their faces" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I think it's truly inspirational that WDK and LiouVille have set themselves up as the slavering watchdogs of defence for the poor admins.

I mean, we all know that Cloud, DeV, Vexorg, Regi and Ecksor couldn't find their collective arses with both hands and a flashlight really, and they don't really keep much of an eye on this site (I mean come on, why do you think there are loads of categories of mods?) so it's important that some of the more established posters eat the f*cking features off anyone who posts a bit of feedback about the site on the feedback board.

Don't you know what the feedback board is for? It's for having a go at n00bs when they post feedback!! It's so the established and long term members of boards.ie can reinforce their position as the be-booted gestapo feet on the necks of the undernerds.

Now Karoma, I hope you've accepted how shatteringly unacceptable it is for you to have started a thread on the feedback board about how banners that are a few weeks old should be removed from the boards. You obviously have no idea about the extreme level of effort that goes on to keep the boards running, and have never seen regi strip his shirt off to do an extra mile on the treadmill that powers the servers, while DeV and Ecksor thrash his sorry toastrack body with liquourice whips. You should at least lock yourself in a darkened room, don sackcloth and buy a box of liquourice whips yourself for savoury-sugary flagellation, or in fact you may just get a site-wide IP ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

ecksor wrote:
    Whatever would we do without you.

Live a longer and happier life, I would imagine.

Honestly, the people you get on this thing...

I think it's truly inspirational that WDK and LiouVille have set themselves up as the slavering watchdogs of defence for the poor admins.

You must be new here, hello, I'm joe, nice to meet you. You make me sound far to much like a kiss up. though i did request to be made an Smod, damn regi and his veto...
    I mean, we all know that Cloud, DeV, Vexorg, Regi and Ecksor couldn't find their collective arses with both hands and a flashlight really, and they don't really keep much of an eye on this site (I mean come on, why do you think there are loads of categories of mods?) so it's important that some of the more established posters eat the f*cking features off anyone who posts a bit of feedback about the site on the feedback board.

Don't you know what the feedback board is for? It's for having a go at n00bs when they post feedback!! It's so the established and long term members of boards.ie can reinforce their position as the be-booted gestapo feet on the necks of the undernerds.

Now Karoma, I hope you've accepted how shatteringly unacceptable it is for you to have started a thread on the feedback board about how banners that are a few weeks old should be removed from the boards. You obviously have no idea about the extreme level of effort that goes on to keep the boards running, and have never seen regi strip his shirt off to do an extra mile on the treadmill that powers the servers, while DeV and Ecksor thrash his sorry toastrack body with liquourice whips. You should at least lock yourself in a darkened room, don sackcloth and buy a box of liquourice whips yourself for savoury-sugary flagellation, or in fact you may just get a site-wide IP ban.

I'm annoyed at someone who didn't look afew posts down to see that theres allready a thread on this. Also I tried very hard to get the banner adds changed for the QueerBeers on the first, as I'd put allot of work into new banner adds and the like. So I kinda know whats involved in getting the banners changed. I know that the admin in question reads my Pm's and is well aware that the banenrs are weeks out of date, but hasn't got around to changing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

There are some damn low flying pigs out tonight... don't you owe me a drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Well said Majd!

While I'm not an admin, or even anywhere near their exalted level of leetness, I know that I for one will sleep much more soundly tonight knowing that boston and wdk are looking out for the admins and boards.ie in general in such a conscientious fashion.

You truly are a remarkable pair. Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

LiouVille wrote:
    Also I tried very hard to get the banner adds changed for the QueerBeers on the first, as I'd put allot of work into new banner adds and the like. So I kinda know whats involved in getting the banners changed. I know that the admin in question reads my Pm's and is well aware that the banenrs are weeks out of date, but hasn't got around to changing them.
    Wait a minute.

You requested the banners be changed already?

You already requested such a thing be done?

And then you go and savage somebody else, for asking the very same thing, with such a ferocity as to make even Genghis Khan blush.

For shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

LiouVille wrote:
    You must be new here, hello, I'm joe, nice to meet you.

Hi, I'm Michael. But your nametag says Boston? I don't like people that lie during speed dates!

But what *is* odd is that only one admin can (apparently) sort out the banners. Perhaps only one "can be arsed" would be more accurate :)

Baz_ wrote:
    Wait a minute.

You requested the banners be changed already?

You already requested such a thing be done?

And then you go and savage somebody else, for asking the very same thing, with such a ferocity as to make even Genghis Khan blush.

For shame.

Where did i savage the guy for his suggestion? I explained the situation to him, and apart from talli, I've been the only one to provide any usefull information on this thread. I had a dig at him for posting something that is already active on the forum afew posts down at the time. For someone to be requesting the admins do something, yet is either too lazy or inempt to even casually glance an eye over the forum deserves a dig. I feel Wkd's muppetry has blinded people...

Oh and yes majd, i think i owe you a drink, or at least i said i did some time ago. I'll buy yea one.

Woo go team WDK, I mean everyone loves an a$$ licker dont they although just so happens I suck at it. But maybe myself and Boston can get together to do a bit of a$$ licking maybe breakdown some of those sexual barriers . Lol :)

• Advertisement

You're not my type.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement