Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linkin Park

Options
  • 10-10-2005 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Does anyone here listen to Linkin Park? They kick hole. I love the song Breaking The Habit. Ya, I wasn't sure if I shoulda posted this in the Rock forum or the Punk one. But ya, as ya can see, I chose the punk. Didn't ye really wanna know that?? :p . Anywho, Any1 else like 'em?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Linkin Park rock!!! One of my favourite bands ever. They have a new album coming out soon (can't wait). Numb is my favourite song, that or carosel. (or master of puppets by metalica, but thats another story)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

I wouldn't call 'em punk, i wouldn't even call 'em emo, i'd call 'em not punk thats what i'd call 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah Linkin Park would be one of my Fav bands,My fav songs are My Reason and My December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

They kick hole.

I imagine "Suck" would be the more operative word here.

They're nothing but a pop group dressed up as rock, or whatever you'd want to consider them. Simple pop songs with big catchy choruses, but it's got guitars and a sort of "Shouty" singer to rope in the dopes. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I quite liked that one song, you know, the one with the screaming, and the angst.

• Advertisement

Wasn't this thread in punk earlier???? Now i'm confused. They're definately not pop though. I'd say closer to rock. Not metal or punk, just rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Linkin Park aren't punk. They're classed as Nu-Metal. I liked "Hybrid Theory" but then again I was young and impressionable when that was released. I bought "Meteora" and I will have to give them credit for "Breaking The Habit". Its class, but the rest of the album ->*retches*

I like them because they're different. Not metal not rock (definatly not pop) but a mix of each. Music is supposed to be enjoyable. I like a bit of diversity now and then. (o.k ramble over)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Linkin park are not in the least bit credible as a rock band and we really saw there true colours when they cloaborated on an album with jay-z. If you went up to a hardcore punk and said that linkin park are a great punk band you'd get your arse handed to you on a plate and in my honest opinion they are one of the worst "Rock" bands on the planet!!!

This Rant Was Brought To You by: Mickymg!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

They're not the worst band I've heard. Very MTV friendly. Definately not punk

• Advertisement

Linkin park are not in the least bit credible as a rock band and we really saw there true colours when they cloaborated on an album with jay-z.

Oh forgot about jay-z, ouch. Oh........ yeah. I regret what i said now. I still like they're older songs. Though they definately made a big mistake with jay-z. Disgraceful.

yeah that Jay-Z thing was pure sh!te. Just filler til their next album.

Ye and those jay-Z songs were plasterd all over Kerrang&Scuzz so ther was really no getting away from the horror of it all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

mc nuggets wrote:
    I like them because they're different.
    what

Ah Scuzz, the only semi-decent music channel on Sky.

I will admit I liked the Reanimation album more than Hybrid Theory. It has way better versions of "Crawling" and "In The End".

Why oh why did they did they even contemplate a single. Let alone a whole album. Sadly I saw Linkin park on the cover and i did buy it what is my penance.

Ye scuzz is a cool channel but kinda low budget!!!Does nobody notice the videos of metallica live that look and sound like they were recorded on somebodys handycam!!!
    I just dont like those linkin park songs full stop.

mc nuggets wrote:
    Why oh why did they did they even contemplate a single. Let alone a whole album. Sadly I saw Linkin park on the cover and i did buy it what is my penance.
    you have to learn the whole album off by heart to prove you are truly repentant :D

PiE wrote:
    what
    I'm sorry i was rambling.

Nightwish wrote:
    you have to learn the whole album off by heart to prove you are truly repentant :D
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Can't i just cut off my hand or something easy like that.

• Advertisement

mc nuggets wrote:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Can't i just cut off my hand or something easy like that.
    nope. by buying the album, you have given them a reason to continue doing crap like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Sarky wrote:
    I quite liked that one song, you know, the one with the screaming, and the angst.

Ooh, ooh, and the one with the screaming, angst and rap, that was nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The thing that I find funny about Linkin Park is, while their lyrics are mostly about feeling isolated, angry and suicidal, one of their album's inlays (Hybrid Theory methinks) has about four pages of "thank yous" from each member of the band...

The thing that I find funny about Linkin Park is, while their lyrics are mostly about feeling isolated, angry and suicidal, one of their album's inlays (Hybrid Theory methinks) has about four pages of "thank yous" from each member of the band...
    whats the "thank yous" got to do with the lyrics? They are written mainly by Chester Bennington who was a suicidal, angry, sexually abused, drug addicted teen. That means he can't thank people for getting him where he is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Just found it hard to fathom that they were actually going through so much suffering is'all.

Never knew Benington was sexually abused etc. though, yet his same angsty feelings will live on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I imagine "Suck" would be the more operative word here.

They're nothing but a pop group dressed up as rock, or whatever you'd want to consider them. Simple pop songs with big catchy choruses, but it's got guitars and a sort of "Shouty" singer to rope in the dopes. :rolleyes:

I think he should have hit L instead of K......cant believe I'm reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

*cringes at the similiarity between my name and aforementioned singer*

*cringes at the similiarity between my name and aforementioned singer*
    i always thought that where you got your name. now I know thats not true

Nightwish wrote:
    i always thought that where you got your name. now I know thats not true
    Ooooooooooooooooo he'll hurt you for that.

• Advertisement

mc nuggets wrote:
    Ooooooooooooooooo he'll hurt you for that.
    looking forward to it ;)

Advertisement