Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch/Belgian Mayonaise

• 10-10-2005 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Whenever i was lucky enough to travel to either of these countries my diet consisted, for the most part, of chips in a cone smothered in mayonaise like only the dutch/belgians do it (I think it's predominantly a belgian thing). I couldn't get enough of it. The thing is though, where do i get my hands on that kind of mayo? Helmanns and any other popular mayo just don't cut it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I had a couple of Belgian friends over and they couldn't believe we put vinegar on chips. "But ve use dat for cleaning of the vindows!" (they were Flemmish!).

When I Beglium, I never considered trying mayo on chips and I thought it would be the same type of mayo we had back home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You could try Aldi or Lidl mayos? Germans seem to like it too. My boyfriend had some herby mayo from one of them and it was just like European mayo. Delish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

me friend's dad is ducth, so i have the good fortune to have dutch mayonnaise sometimes. (they bring it home on the plane sometimes :p )

Advertisement