Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PSP] Software.

• 10-10-2005 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

ok i been reading up on this software for the psp called Xcopy9. It seems to be a user friendly way to convertisize your DVD's so that you can watch them on your computer and PSP. I have been looking for software like this for a while, and i am glad someone has finally made it. anyway here is a link to their site: http://www.psptransfer.com/ anyway has anyone tried this? because i am thinking i am gonna buy this.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you pay for that you will be conned. you can find software that does the exact same thing for free on the intraweb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

www.pspvideo9.com
    cant see things getting more user friendly than this..
    it's 100% free too..

Hakko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 psychooys

www.pspvideo9.com
    cant see things getting more user friendly than this..
    it's 100% free too..

Hakko

hmm is the quality really good too? I dono i find freeware a lil shady + i get tech support 24/7 with Xcopy9. Also i need it to be user friendly enough for my lil brother to be able to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 doubledanger

PSP video 9 isn't that bad it's just I can't get decent rips onto my computer from the DVD. I just wanna transfer it in one go and not have to bother with this whole two step process. I got Xcopy9 like... two weeks ago? I've watched around 7 movies just around town. good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I have video express and that even does the job.

• Advertisement

Franky Boy wrote:
    I have video express and that even does the job.
    i dono dude, it always gives me bad video quality and or sound gets a lil off... I just really want software that i know will work and won't mess up, and being user friendly is totally the way to go. I am willing to put up the $30 to make the process faster and also i can slave my brother out and make him do it for me on his computer :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

PSP Video 9 is about as easy as a program could get and is also one of the fastest I've used. Rapiz is a bit more complicated and slower but will give a better quality.

And why bother paying $30 just for a program with support when boards is only a few clicks away, and you will probably get a faster response on boards.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    PSP Video 9 is about as easy as a program could get and is also one of the fastest I've used. Rapiz is a bit more complicated and slower but will give a better quality.

And why bother paying $30 just for a program with support when boards is only a few clicks away, and you will probably get a faster response on boards.

i really don't want a multi step process like that. I know about the freeware stuff, but it always think its a lil shady, cuz i always end up getting some sort of spyware or virus... Also i found out that Xcopy9 has some pretty good features to keep the size down, such as editing out previews and extra features :) which should drop a bunch of megs off the total size.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

If you're determined to pay for then software then do.

Very silly little thing to be paying for though.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Certainly if I was you I'd go along wth the recommendations of the people here who've used the product. I've looked at PSPVideo9 and it has detailed picture based instructions so its easily used.

On the Mac side (however) I tried using ffmpeg for my encoding but it was very slow and not all that good. SO I bought PSPware which encodes in around half the time but its other syncing features are a bit of a waste and can be done without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

there is no way in hell i'd pay money for a product that i can get for free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I use Xilisoft PSP Video Converter - gives me DVD like quality at the press of a button...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Yeah I think I'll get video express now.

parsi wrote:
    Certainly if I was you I'd go along wth the recommendations of the people here who've used the product. I've looked at PSPVideo9 and it has detailed picture based instructions so its easily used.

On the Mac side (however) I tried using ffmpeg for my encoding but it was very slow and not all that good. SO I bought PSPware which encodes in around half the time but its other syncing features are a bit of a waste and can be done without it.

wait.. i swear it doesn't go straight from DVD to PSP, i mean if i am wrong correct me, but i swear it doesn't...

Advertisement