Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political Lobbying - Help Needed

Options
  • 13-09-2001 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

We seem to be agreed that political lobbying has to be a major element of our forward strategy.

I can't go into details on this, but I have done some preliminary work on this and I believe that we can get a major opportunity to progress this in the very near future.

To help achieve this, I want to put together a 'hit list' of politicians that we can contact.

If you know any politicians personally or that you can contact directly, can you email me with their details ASAP.

By politicians, I particularly mean TD's and Senators.

Thanks in advance

Martin Harran
    Chairman, IrelandOffline

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭cmkrnl

You're wasting your time. The issue has no impact on their parish pumps & I'd doubt anyone here has the 7 figure bungs in political contributions etc to effect the changes other sectors can have at will.

Cynical of NW London

greg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

Originally posted by cmkrnl
    You're wasting your time
    Seem to recall some people saying that 4 months ago - wish I had placed bet on chances of us getting Government Minister, Regulator, CEO of ESAT and 2 senior people from Eircom in a public venue facing 200 angry users....

Oh ye of little faith !

Watch this space :)

Martin Harran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rickoshea

Go for it Martin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

Originally posted by rickoshea
    Go for it Martin...

Don't worry, we intend to :)

Two weeks ago we thought it would be difficult to surpass our seminar...now we're not so sure...

As I said on earlier post..."watch this space" :)

Martin

Advertisement