Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hidden and satanic messages in rock music

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

Who the **** listens to muic backwards!!!!

Dam americans hate them !!!!!

IDIOTS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i would have thought that the best way to hear satanic messages in metal would be to play it forwards????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

air_vent wrote:
    Who the fluffy bunny listens to music backwards?
    We listened to stairway backwards in religion...was pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

Fu(king sad bastards. these people are sick. Backwards masking? give me a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

i would have thought that the best way to hear satanic messages in metal would be to play it forwards????

Heh, true :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hehe, reminds me of Little Nicky when they play the Chicago record backwards and you hear a booming voice saying "I COMMAND YOU IN THE NAME OF SATAN TO SPILL THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT!" :p It is really silly though.

Hehe, reminds me of Little Nicky when they play the Chicago record backwards and you hear a booming voice saying "I COMMAND YOU IN THE NAME OF SATAN TO SPILL THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT!" :p It is really silly though.

lol, great film :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

all that backward masking n stuff is mostly rubbish. Judas Priest were brought to court cos some kid committed suicide while listening to their songs backwards n the parents said the messages made him do it.

Anyway judas priest were able to prove in court that u cud get any message u want out of any song if u play if backwards!!

My favourite backward masking is Queen's "another bites the dust". Played backwards it says "its fun to smoke marijuana"!!!

faceman wrote:
    all that backward masking n stuff is mostly rubbish. Judas Priest were brought to court cos some kid committed suicide while listening to their songs backwards n the parents said the messages made him do it.

Anyway judas priest were able to prove in court that u cud get any message u want out of any song if u play if backwards!!

My favourite backward masking is Queen's "another bites the dust". Played backwards it says "its fun to smoke marijuana"!!!

Hah, Really? thats funny alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Once a friend recorded us talking and played it backwards (with his pc). In the middle of the gibberish was a distinct "Watch the sea, watch for Allah". Freaky as it was, it was of course pure chance.
    On the other hand try singing something that sounds completly normal when you're singing it, and yet still makes up a coherant pre planned message when played backwards. Fairplay if they can do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

me bangs head...

anyone ever had the pleasure of seeing "Hells Bells : The Dangers of Rock 'n' Roll"... ?

Crucifix wrote:
    Once a friend recorded us talking and played it backwards (with his pc). In the middle of the gibberish was a distinct "Watch the sea, watch for Allah". Freaky as it was, it was of course pure chance.
    On the other hand try singing something that sounds completly normal when you're singing it, and yet still makes up a coherant pre planned message when played backwards. Fairplay if they can do it.

Thats weird! counds cool though, you coulda made up some weird ghost story about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

that is so freakin cool i dont know why you met it with such hostility i just laugh at christians haha losers.. "its fun to smoke marajuana" brilliant.. and i'll never listen to stairway the same way again hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Well that was a waste of bandwidth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Thats pure Bull!!!and wahts this guy going on about "i nearly threw my headphones of my heard when i heard this"!!!Whats That all about!!!
    Anybody hear that the Dark side of the moon album by pink floyd syncs up almost perfectly with the wizard of oz!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

it does and it doesn't [the dark side of the moon / wizard of oz thing]

you're meant to press play on the third roar of the mgm lion, and then liten and watch... the only remotely connected thing that i could see was that the very moment the yellow brick road appears, "money" kicks in... also, the film is a good bit longer than the album.

i should go on mythbusters....

whats even cooler is the way people like Aphex Twin figured out how to have inaudible frequency patterns in their records that make the soundwaves [viewed through a spectrum analyser] appear to have pictures in them. i can't for the love of me remember the link to the site but basically at the second breakdown in "windowlicker" you can clearl see Richard d. James' trademark demonic face etched into the sound waves.

Ritchie Hawtin aka Plastikman once made an album in which only 40% of the sounds were designed to be audible to the human ear. lord knows what the rest of the inaudible stuff sounded like, although my guess is that it sounded much like the album itself - a collection of dripping taps in an echo chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Screw backwards messages - don't Slayer have satanic messages in their messages when you play it forwards? :)

Screw backwards messages - don't Slayer have satanic messages in their messages when you play it forwards? :)
    haha jeez if slayer had any of the stuff in the mp3 forwards in their songs people would probably say they were selling out...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭derrylahan

listen to Cradle Of Filths 'Dinner At Deviant's Place' backwards on the Bitter Suites album.

derrylahan wrote:
    listen to Cradle Of Filths 'Dinner At Deviant's Place' backwards on the Bitter Suites album.
    please enlighten us as im too lazy to get the song off someone coz i dont got it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Oh noes! Some of us smoke marijuana :(

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

whats even cooler is the way people like Aphex Twin figured out how to have inaudible frequency patterns in their records that make the soundwaves [viewed through a spectrum analyser] appear to have pictures in them. i can't for the love of me remember the link to the site but basically at the second breakdown in "windowlicker" you can clearl see Richard d. James' trademark demonic face etched into the sound waves.
    That sounds class. Wouldn't mind having a look at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Have a look here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

faceman wrote:

Hehe, that little fact is also the background for (in my opinion) one of Bill Hicks funniest rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Was just about to say that. A truely great piece of Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭derrylahan

Steoob wrote:
    please enlighten us as im too lazy to get the song off someone coz i dont got it..

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/subliminal.html
    its on there, after the first 2 i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I saw the end of that coming, by the way. I kept my hand a safe distance from the screen and my other hand on the volume of my speakers. The first second or two still leaked through, as I was expecting it to do it ealier or later and it almost caught me off guard.

Seriously, that **** is funny but it's getting old :P

The Smashing Pumkins have some really creepy messages in their songs, and some not so creepy one. THe really creepy one is one that's hidden at low volume somewhere in the "silence" of one of the tracks on Siamese Dream. You've probably heard the end of it, it's a woman talking about masturbation with some strange music in the background, run through some strange studio/guitar effects, it sounds chorused or flanged. The end result still gives me nightmares when I listen to it in the dark, but that might just be me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

There is a Pink Floyd song, and if you play it backwards it says "Congratulations, you have found the secret message!"

If I want satanic messages, I listen to Satanic bands.
    Its not rocket surgery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

derrylahan wrote:
    http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/subliminal.html
    its on there, after the first 2 i think

that dude who setup that site has issues..

im still pi$$ing meself laughing listening to holy joe preaching about hidden messages on the first post link.

I wonder what happens if you play westlife backwards???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Maybe if you play awestlife song backwards it actually sounds like decent music!!!if u play any song backwards you can hear what you want to hear.But basically its just noise.

Advertisement