Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time spent at FF

Options
  • 10-10-2005 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

Last time I was playing a game of VI and then deleted my bloody game save and though "Ah feck, I'm going to have to put in another 8 hours to get back there" it brought me to making a rough guesstimate as to how much time I've actually spent playing them.

Taking rough figures into account:

30 hours in I and II
    40 in IV
    70 in VI
    200 in VII
    70 in VIII
    100 in IX
    250 in X and I still haven't even finished it...
    10 in X-2

I've probably undershot the mark there but thats in the region of 770 hours for those of us doing higher level mathematics. Over one month of playing if it was to be done straight. And I'm probably off by 30-50 hours.

So how much of your life have you spent playing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i once had a 99 hour save in vii. that was the best save ever, i wish i had it now.... although there was nothing left to do in it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can usually get through the games in about 50-60 hours. The longest was 89 hours at FFVIII when I went though it a second time with a walkthrough and got all the cards. It really is a long time that I have spent on FF games and RPGs in general. I usually play FF game twice as well. Ah well at least it wasn't time wasted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭spritey

How does 8 years grab ya ;)

I started with FFVII (young nipper that I was) and I think I've played that to completion three or four times now? Who knows how many hours, probably about 200 for the lot. Tempted to go back again actually, really tempted.. it's calling to me.

Then FFVIII which I completed once, probably 60 hours or so, and went back to once - I got 40 hours in, playing cards a load, to the battle of the two gardens and realised that I was bored. Damn game.

FFIX which I have only completed once, so another 60 there I'd say.

FFX has been finished twice so maybe 100-120 hours?

FFX-2 finished once, and part of me wanted to go back to it after FFX but the thought of all those sidequests again made me go mad. I'm estimating again at around 50-60 hours.

FFV later, no idea how many hours I put into that.

I love my FFs though :) I've got FFVII on PSX and PC, ditto FFVIII, FFI & II on PSX and GBA (I think) and I've got the other PSX collection but I can't remember what's on it... oops :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

FFXI playtime...
    48 days 18 hours 51 minutes and 46 seconds and countin.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

FF IX about 60 hours
    FF X about 110
    FF VII about 120
    FF VIII twice over 100

I spent a lot of time doing the extra stuff.
    LIke in FF9 i did the treasure hunting,

FF7, i created my gold chocobos, got every green materia to full for Materia All, got all the extra Materias, Knights of Round etc, beat the ruby and emerald weapons, then tried to get cloud and a few others to level 100, which takes pretty long

FF8 i spent time getting every character to lvl100, but there was an easy way to this, cant remember what it was, something to do with catcuar island i think, killin them gave you loads of AP i think.Collectin stuff aswell and beating Omega weapon

FF10, completed it, but have a save near the end, i used to keep leveling up inside Sin. Made sure to get HP-Breaks for all characters, got all their ultimate weapons,beating all the Dark Aeons, though still havent beat Dark Yojimbo, as you have to beat him 5 times in a row.

Didnt buy FFX-2, cause it veered from the old FF style, and i cant get into online games for FFXI

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Few hundred hours in nearly all of them and Yes I have played them more than once :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Ive wasted a good amount of my life on final fantasy but it was worth it. Often wonder what i could have achieved in school and college if it hadint had been for them games...... Could have been a doctor instead of a feckin web designer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I've mostly forgotten how long I spent at most of the games. I think I racked up near 70hours in IX. I sure that I clocked over 120 hours at VIII though, I spent days trying to level up Eden and then didn't bother summoning it in the final battle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

i spent more time than i = want to think about on those games... probably a couple of hundred on each bar X2. i got near to the end and realised that i just didn't care anymore- one of these days i must finish it. i still have stuff to do in all of them: in VII, i have to beat ruby weapon,in VIII i have to defeat omega weapon, in IX, i have to defeat ozma and in X, i still have dark bahamut,anima and magus sisters to kill, as well as penance and nemisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

odhran wrote:
    in VIII i have to defeat omega weapon,

Is it even possible to defat Omega Weapon?
    I mean Ultimate Weapon and Ultimecia were a bit easy but at level 100 and afterfive lionhearts, nearly forty rounds of pulse ammo and two blasts of Eden that monstrosity still flitted me away like a stubborn moth! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I mean Ultimate Weapon and Ultimecia were a bit easy but at level 100 and afterfive lionhearts, nearly forty rounds of pulse ammo and two blasts of Eden that monstrosity still flitted me away like a stubborn moth! :(

attempted it, did'nt succeed but it is possible, basically convert all your cards into hero drinks or some potion that makes you invincible, and then basically belt into him.

FFVII around 100, killing all.
    FFVIII 80 all but omega.
    FF9 hated it, finished it and left it.
    FFX 165 hours, defeating all Dark Aeons(cheated on last guy with yojombo), only had nemisis in the monster arena left and then my mem card decided to wipe it self.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For me it was aura everyone and use hero drinks to make them invincible for a short while. Then just limit break away. Hero drinks are hard to get. You need to convert a very rare card. Can't remember which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The Laguna card, I think. Difficult to get but not impossible, and the Card game was one of the best things about FFVIII so getting the Laguna card wasn't too tedious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Warney

Instead of using aura i found it easier to get squall down to yellow health.He needs the maximum strength value as well and then keep using Holy Wars.
    I cant remember how to get them but they make the whole party invincible,probably by refining the very best cards.

Aura works an awful lot better because if invincibility wears off then Omega can murder you. Bring Zell and Irvine into the fight. They have the second and third best limit breaks in the game respectively. Or else bring selphie and do her limit break trick (open CD cover as you are doing her limit breaker and cycle through her options until The End appears). However doing this will lead to the darkside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

it is possible without hero, you just need a bit of luck. omega weapon uses the same sequence of moves (can't remember it now though) for his first four (i think) attacks, which means if you summon gfs at the right time, they will take the really powerful attacks. after that, luck comes into play because the attacks are chosen at random- if you're fortunate, he won't use the powerful one again... how about ruby weapon- it's been about 2 years since i tried to defeat him and i can't really remember- does he only swallow a maximum of 2 characters or can he swallow all 3 (by swallow i mean remove from the battle)? if only 2, he should be relatively easy to defeat....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

odhran wrote:
    how about ruby weapon- it's been about 2 years since i tried to defeat him and i can't really remember- does he only swallow a maximum of 2 characters or can he swallow all 3 (by swallow i mean remove from the battle)? if only 2, he should be relatively easy to defeat....

He takes 2, the trick is to Kill 2 characters before before you fight him, then he won't swallow them. Revive them with phoenix, i'd 3 mimes, so i chained, Hades, and knights of the round, hades slows ruby bg time, so he barely gets an attack in. just keep miming that combo. Oh yeah pair mp turbo with KOTR summon and you should 9999 for all attacks by the knights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Yeah I never did defeat omega weapon in FF8! (The one in the castle/chapel near the end of the game, right?)

What happens when you beat him? What do you get?

Does anyone else remember some weird crap about aliens/UFOs being in FF8?

Yeah so I've probably spent well over 200 hours on FF7. Having done everything in it several times over and then some.
    Probably more than 150 hours at FF8, I never defeated omega weapon though...
    A good 50 hours maybe at FF6 which I never completed.
    400 hours in total then. Which is the same amount of time I've spent playing Soul Calibur 2 on Xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lionheart84

To defeat omega weapon just use the celphie i think that`s her name use the end..kills him instantly

i`ve spent almost 520 hours on ff7
    around 90 on five and six
    200 on part 8
    150 on 9
    650 on 10
    65 on x-2

i have cleared them all once or twice over..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

uh

FFVII 150hrs
    FFVIII 90hrs
    FFIX 250hrs
    FFX 100hrs
    FFX-2 30hrs

lol with X-2 I just went through it as fast as I could. I wanted to find out what happens next and then I never bothered finishing it. :rolleyes: IX is deff my fav one I have played and finished it a load of times. I think the only thing I have left to do is find 2 or 3 cards. I can't remember which ones I think you had to find specific people to get them of or something like that. I only finished VIII once but by then all my chars were leveled up to some stoopid lvl. VII was a bucket of laughs and x was not so bad though it got a bit boring at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

I've cleared all FF games at least 3 times, #7 I've cleared well over 10 time with each time a save of over 99 hour's... It goes red when you go over 99...

I'd guess I've spend far too much time on these games.... 1000 hours ++

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 miss_cheif

At the moment I'm playing IV and VII which I've only started in the past month.
    So far I've spent...

5 hours on IV. I am stuck trying to become a Knight of Light because I can't defeat the Dark Knight. Can anyone help?
    75 on VII
    145 on VIII
    198 on IX
    268 on X: have completed it all and is my favorite one.
    112 on X-2: on 99% have the good ending, just need perfect. Don't even really like this game much, but I play it reguardlessly.

miss_cheif wrote:
    5 hours on IV. I am stuck trying to become a Knight of Light because I can't defeat the Dark Knight. Can anyone help?

Just defend against him and the battle will end eventually. You can't kill him. Thanks to a terrible translation it's hard to figure out what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Deoxys

Ive Spent
    76Hours in VI
    My Timer in VII cant go any higher and i still play it so over 99
    69 in VIII
    Same as VII for IX
    96 In X
    64 In X-2
    ..................God thats alot of hours!!
    And thats only my main file in those games ive played through VII too many times to remember

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Omega is very hard to kill at level 100.
    It is far easier to kill at level 7.
    In fact the entire game is simple at level 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

good few hundred hours...
    ive completed FFVII a few times with about 50-60 hours each
    FF I-V very little, only about 10-15 hours for all together
    FFVIII twice with about 60-70 each
    FF IX 1+1/2(got bored;) ) only about 40 first time, 18 second
    FF X twice with about 100 total
    FF X-2 hated it and left with 20 hours on it
    FF XI i quit it with about 30 hours on the clock

All in all i'd say i've wasted my life playing it.... *sigh*

Advertisement