Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

penalty points

Options
  • 10-10-2005 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Just out of curiosity, if you have a full licence ( less than a year old ) and you incur 2 points for speeding, does your insurance go up alot ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Most insurers will ignore 2 points. Hiberian give a discount for having no points so I guess you just won't get the discount.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Hibernian only remove the discount completely if you have 4 points, so you still get some kind of discount with 2.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I renewed my policy recently and I wasn't asked by most borkers or insurers that I called (not that I have any points!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

2 points is fine. once it reaches 4 then ur no points discount will be added to ur policy. thats around 200ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

drdre wrote:
    thats around 200ish.
    Obviously it depends on how much the "full" cost of your policy before NCB or any other discounts was to start with. 200 for you, probably around 90 for me.

The discount seems to be 10% for 2 points or less with all insurers. Hibernian make it 17% if you've got zero. At three or above, there's no discount. At more than five they start adding money on to the premium cost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah sceptre u are right.it does depend on the insurance i thought it was a fixed rate

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

how long do points stay on your license

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

3 years from when they are applied, which is not the date of the offense,payment of fine or conviction.

Advertisement