Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bret Hart DVD matches announced

• 10-10-2005 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Here are the matches that will appear on Bret's DVD:

Matches:

1. The Hart Foundation vs. The British Bulldogs

2. The Hart Foundation vs. The Killer Bees

3. Bret Hart vs. Ricky Steamboat

4. Bret Hart vs. Ted Dibiase

5. The Hart Foundation vs. The Rockers

6. Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect

7. Bret Hart vs. The British Bulldog

8. Bret Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (Spanish Commentary)

9. Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect (King of the Ring 93)

10. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart

11. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (29/9/94)

12. Bret Hart vs. Hakushi

13. Bret Hart vs. Kevin Nash

14. Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog

15. Bret Hart vs. “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

16. Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit

Also:

~ The Kiwis are interviewed on Stampede Wrestling

~ Dean Hart Tribute

~ You Start the Fire Music Video

~ Bret Hart pays tribute to his colleagues that have passed away

~ Bret discusses the origin of the dungeon

~ Bret discusses being away from home on Halloween

~ Bret on friendships formed in the Hart Foundation

~ Bret on the origin of the Sharpshooter

~ Bret tell how Owen crank-called Stu Hart

~ The Family Tree

~ Learning the ropes

~ Sunglasses

~ Being a Villain

~ Real matches

Credit: PWInsider

Me thinks I'll be getting this DVD!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Which matches/dates? Bret wrestled a lot of these guys several times...

Plus, no mention of his singles matches/Feuds with HBK?
    The guy was his arch rival for years.

Granted he might'nt have wanted the dvd to end on a sour note with the whole Montreal thing, but if his match with Benoit is included obviously the dvd doesn’t end with the end of his WWE years.

Plus to not mention Montreal at all seems to be brushing it under the carpet a bit. I’m as sick of it as everyone else but surely it needs to be at least mentioned.

I'm a huge Bret fan by the way, not dissing the dvd, just think it would be strange if not it's included in some capacity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well perhaps its better to accentuate the positive, than labour the negative. Besides everyting else, the Montreal match was absolutely shocking, and has no place on a DVD of great matches.

The only glaring ommission I see from it is Summerslam 1991 (or is it 1990) versus Demolition in a best 2 of 3 falls match.

When is this available for purchase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

gimmick wrote:
    Well perhaps its better to accentuate the positive, than labour the negative. Besides everyting else, the Montreal match was absolutely shocking, and has no place on a DVD of great matches.

The only glaring ommission I see from it is Summerslam 1991 (or is it 1990) versus Demolition in a best 2 of 3 falls match.

Obviously the purpose of the DVD is to celebrate Bret's career in a positive sense, but for something like this, negative or not, it should be mentioned, but as I said, just in some capacity i.e. the extras on the DVD.
    Didn’t say anything about the whole match being included.
    But one of their other matches, say, the WM Iron man in '96 or even their Survivor Series '92 match should be included.
    Michaels' was to Hart what Frazier was to Ali. (I'm sure Boxing fans would crucify me for such a comparison but you know what I mean)

And you're right; it was '90 when they beat the Demo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I bet they admit the montreal screwjob was a work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

The 'match' I would haved loved to have seen was the private meeting Bret and Vince had right after the Montreal screwjob. If only there had been a camera in that office :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i wouldnt call it a private meeting in all fairness but i would love to have seen it. did Vince fall over gracefully or did he just slump into a heap :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

D-FENS wrote:

Obviously the purpose of the DVD is to celebrate Bret's career in a positive sense, but for something like this, negative or not, it should be mentioned, but as I said, just in some capacity i.e. the extras on the DVD.
    Didn’t say anything about the whole match being included.
    But one of their other matches, say, the WM Iron man in '96 or even their Survivor Series '92 match should be included.
    Michaels' was to Hart what Frazier was to Ali. (I'm sure Boxing fans would crucify me for such a comparison but you know what I mean)

And you're right; it was '90 when they beat the Demo's

Not their '96 match. That was boring. You knew it'd end the way it did too. Maybe the 1992 one.

I agree that Demolition Summerslam 1990 should be on it. Glad to Mr Perfect is on it (hopefully Summerslam 1991's match). That was a classic. What about WM VIII vs Roddy Piper. That was a classic too. I'm sure there was a few more WCW matches as well.

I suppose you can't fit it all in. (No Undertaker??)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Moogle wrote:
    Not their '96 match. That was boring. You knew it'd end the way it did too. Maybe the 1992 one.

I agree that Demolition Summerslam 1990 should be on it. Glad to Mr Perfect is on it (hopefully Summerslam 1991's match). That was a classic. What about WM VIII vs Roddy Piper. That was a classic too. I'm sure there was a few more WCW matches as well.

I suppose you can't fit it all in. (No Undertaker??)
    I'd disagree in saying their Survivor Series match was boring. I'm not saying it was a good match but there was an edge, an intensity about the whole thing especially the crowd that was very unique and made it watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

Their '96 match was the Iron Man Match at Wrestlemania XII. I was talking about that one. Their Survivor Series matches were in '92 and '97. '97 was good. I can't comment on '92 as I haven't seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Moogle wrote:
    Their '96 match was the Iron Man Match at Wrestlemania XII. I was talking about that one. Their Survivor Series matches were in '92 and '97. '97 was good. I can't comment on '92 as I haven't seen it.
    Sorry for the mistake. Yeah I have a love hate relationship with that match. It was an exceptionally good easily 5 star match but time length killed the crowd heat which took away alot from the match I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Moogle wrote:
    Their Survivor Series matches were in '92 and '97. '97 was good. I can't comment on '92 as I haven't seen it.

It was a classic. I used to have it on tape and everyday id come home from school and watch that match and the match Bret had with Razor Ramon at one of the Rumbles. Remember the S.S. 92 being a classic, seriously wish i hadnt given it to a screaming baby cousin to shut him up one night!! :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Below are the matches with their dates, along with other details about the DVD(taken from silvervision.co.uk). They're definitely not sweeping anything under the carpet. I'd expect that one of the 3 discs, or at least a good portion of one will be a documentary.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing it. It was great that they came to terms with bret so he could participate properly in it.

He traveled the globe for the better part of two decades, winning the coveted WWE Championship as well as millions of fans. Born into wrestling royalty and fulfilling his destiny with the straight-laced attitude and finely tuned technical ability. Fans identified with his no-nonsense style and many of his peers call him one of the best technical wrestlers of all time. A worldwide Superstar, he achieved the ultimate goal in sports-entertainment and suffered unimaginable personal tragedies. This is the Bret Hart story.

Hear from Bret Hart himself as he takes you through his early years with Stampede Wrestling, the Hart Foundation, his reign as WWE Champion, internal family feuds, Survivor Series 1997, WCW, the death of his brother, Owen Hart, and much more.

Hart Foundation vs. British Bulldogs (Madison Square Garden, 13/07/85)

Hart Foundation vs. Killer Bees (Madison Square Garden, 17/02/86)

Bret Hart vs. Ricky Streamboat (Boston Garden, 08/03/86)

Bret Hart vs. Ted DiBiase (Odessa, TX, 08/03/89)

Hart Foundation vs. Rockers (Saturday Night's Main Event, 28/04/90)

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
    Hart Foundation vs. Nasty Boys (Wrestlemania VII, 24/03/91)

WWE Intercontinental Match
    Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect (SummerSlam, 26/08/91)

WWE Intercontinental Match
    Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog (SummerSlam, 29/08/92)

Bret Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (Barcelona, Spain, 24/04/93)

King of the Ring Semi-Final Match
    Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect (King of the Ring, 13/06/93)

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (Wrestlemania X, 20/03/94)

WWE Championship Match
    Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (White Plains, NY, 29/09/94)

Bret Hart vs Hakushi (In Your House, 14/05/95)

WWE Championship Match
    Bret Hart vs. Diesel (Survivor Series, 19/11/95)

WWE Championship Match
    Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog (In Your House, 17/12/95)

Submission Match
    Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Wrestlemania 13, 23/03/97)

WWE Championship Match
    Bret Hart vs. Undertaker (One Night Only, 20/09/97)

Owen Hart Tribute Match
    Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit (WCW Nitro, 04/10/99)

Advertisement