Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Vs. Metro

• 10-10-2005 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Just about to order from one of these two.

I'm in Broadford in Ballinteer (near 3rock). Have Line of sight to the IBB Mast (used to be an Irish WISP customer back in the day - still have the mast on the chimney!).

Anybody know how reliable IBB is in Ballinteer?

Anyone got Metro yet? Is it any good?

Help me out guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Metro. IBB has massive problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Metro, walk very fast away from IBB, the metro service is completly different from IBB aswell as its a wireless cable service and digiweb have a good reputation.
    Ive gone for metro plus, soon to be installed in the next week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

How is metro different? IBB are rolling out WiMAX at the moment allbeit they are screwing up the rest of their network in the process. Which reminds me i have to call them tomorrow again and either get the WiMAX client equipment or get turned to RTE as the 3Rock mast is royaly buggered since they started playing with WiMAX on it :mad: I was told work over the weekend was going to fix all. :rolleyes:

Oh and on a sidenote Digiweb dont have the customer base yet on their network to strees it and thus complain yet like some other ppl i wont mention, do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 1234567890

Im living in killester area, north dublin and am connected up with IBB. I don't know where its getting all its bad press because i've had not one problem with it (im running Breeze 1mb by the way). I've always had great download and upload speed. Connection has never dropped nor gone under its 1mb specification.

The only problem I would call them up on is their customer service. But who needs customer service when you have this board!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 1234567890

but now that i've been flicking through previous threads... maybe i'm being a bit to hasty with complements towards IBB... maybe i should prepare myself for an IBB downfall... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

IBB are really bad and slow to react to problems. But I was reading that Metro was also having problems but these could have been teethcing problems, and as some one said Metro havent stressed their net work yet as they are now. So Its a hard call to make but I think Metro deserve the benifit of the doubt as IBB have proven time and time again how bad a company they really are.

Advertisement