Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this place new??

Options
  • 10-10-2005 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Hey is this place new? Whats its purpose? and other interesting questions :)

Any chance of a charter and purpose statement type of thing.

Just in case I get attacked for asking that (as some users are getting a bit enthusiastic about their protection of the admins) I don't expect this done right now, tomorrow would be fine ;)

Baz_

<edit>
    I just noticed something there, it looks like I posted here before, when in fact I believe them threads below were moved here from their original forum. If thats not the case, then I am, of course, stark raving mad.</edit>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I believe this forum was once called "Hack Attack" or similar. Origins in this thread. Seems it was founded to encourage Boardsies with the relevant skills to do some coding on the system on a separate part of boards. I'm not sure it ever got off the ground, or what features were implemented from it(exept Hobbes' Firefox PM monitor). It was renamed "Development" some time in 2004 when the system category (then Admin) underwent some mergers and name changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Thats such a good answer steveire that if I ever get round to it, I think I'll wikify it, cheers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement