Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learning Alarm Fob / Reprogramming Fob

Options
  • 10-10-2005 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi all

One of the fobs for my alarm is acting up. Is there anywhere in Dublin where I can buy a "learning" replacement fob? I've seen UK pages like this one: http://www.alarmremotes.co.uk/prod03.htm but (not knowing the frequency for mine) I'd like to test it in person if possible. The fob is a Sikura, and the alarm is an Alfa OEM.

Alternatively (and possibly cheaper) - is there anywhere in Dublin that can fix or reprogram these fobs?

(Incidentally, it's just the remote alarm fob that's tempermental - the alarm system itself and the immobiliser seem to be fine.)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I didn't know Skiura did alfa alarms.
    You could try RM (www.rmdistribution.ie) on the southside or an Alfa Dealer, assuming there is no instructions in your owners manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Before you go rushing off to buy another fob check the following. Make sure the battery in the fob is the correct voltage. (check that its the same as your spare). I have seen it many times before, people go into a shop, hand over a alarm battery and get back the same size battery but the wrong voltage.

If its not that, open the fob and carefully check that all the chips and the LED are not damaged or loose. Sometimes with Alarm Fobs, the LED works loose and therefore does not complete the circuit. If you still having trouble pm me and I'll give you a number to contact for repairs on car alarms. He might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Some useful pointers there - thanks. bbability - it's not the battery but I'd say you're right re damage to the fob. It's not that it doesn't work, it's just a little tempermental about when it works. Maybe more work poking around inside the fob is needed, and maybe a little bit of solder on a loose fitting. kbannon - I'm probably misleading you re the alarm. It's Alfa factory fitted, but I don't know what brand it is - I'm just assuming from the Sikura fobs. I haven't actually found the alarm unit under the body to confirm the brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wavin

Im looking for one of these for an automatic gate.the one i have is kinda broken.It has 8 or 10 little white switches inside it.ANyone know where i could pick one up?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

wavin wrote:
    Im looking for one of these for an automatic gate.the one i have is kinda broken.It has 8 or 10 little white switches inside it.ANyone know where i could pick one up?

Thanks
    Try Electro Automation out near blanchardstown I think they are. They carry alot of those gate remotes.
    You will get the number in the phonebook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wavin

Redshift wrote:
    Try Electro Automation out near blanchardstown I think they are. They carry alot of those gate remotes.
    You will get the number in the phonebook
    sound

Advertisement