Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not So Big, Ian...

• 11-10-2005 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Ian Paisley needs a new suit. So he goes round all the tailors in Ballymena and the cheapest price he's quoted for a bespoke three-piece pinstripe is a massive £550.
    This is ridiculous,' says the big man to himself. The last time I bought a suit it only cost me £100. I'll take myself up to Belfast and see if I can get a better deal there.' So he goes round all the tailors on the Shankill Road and they all measure him up and calculate the amount of cloth they'll need to cover that ample frame, and the cheapest price any of them comes up with is £425.
    This is absolutely ridiculous,' says Paisley to himself. 'If my ain folk can't give me what I want at a decent price, I'll just have to go over to the other side and see what they come up with.'
    So he sets off up the Falls and goes into the first tailors he sees. The tailor recognises him immediately, does a few quick calculations and tells Paisley he can do him a suit for £175. That is absolutely astonishing, my Roman Catholic friend, says Paisley. 'And can you tell me why the cheapest I can get a suit among the good Protestant people of this city is £425?' 'It's very easy, Mr Paisley, says the tailor. 'You may be a big man up the Shankill, but you're not so big up here...'

Comments

Advertisement