Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utvsucks.com is up and running

Options
  • 11-10-2005 4:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just to let yee all know that http://www.utvsucks.com is up and running. We are looking forward to your stories of bad customer service and indifference from utv.

Thanks
    utvsucks.com

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ah, has it not been up and going for over a week now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭wiredup

I don't think UTV sucks. For 5 Euro cheaper than EirCON I get an extra 30 hours of dial up access + free evening and weekend calls to Ireland and the UK. It's the best deal there is at the moment for those of us that have to use sodding dial up.

What really sucks is how F***ing useless comreg is, not to mention the corruption in Government here. All I want is a decent internet connection for Christ sakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Get out of that, there's no demand don't you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Sorry, but I am a very happy UTV Clicksilver & Talk telephony customer. They were the company I moved to, after I got out of the evil hold of €irCoN .

I was delighted when UTV arrived as an ISP in the Republic, and they have never given me any reason to complain about any part of their telecommunications services.

IMHO that website of yours , is a real loser and a waste of good Cyberspace. :rolleyes:

P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Carl is teh win tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Afraid it seems that they do suck in my opinion.

I am still waiting for over 1 year for them to take over my line rental from Eircon. I am still paying eircon every month as well as UTV. I challenge them on it and they are indifferent and their attiude sucks.

Good luck to utvsucks.com and I for one shall be contributing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 utvsucks.com

Thanks for your kind words Bond-007

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Bond-007 wrote:

I am still waiting for over 1 year for them to take over my line rental from Eircon. I am still paying eircon every month as well as UTV. I challenge them on it and they are indifferent and their attiude sucks.

You mean you're paying 2 companies line rental, or just you have the hassle of 2 bills (line rental with eircom, and rest with UTV)?
    .cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭wiredup

Bond-007 wrote:

You mean you pay Eircom for line rental and Utv for call/net access.
    This is the same with me. I suspect utv would love to have your line rental income but my money is on Eircom holding up the process not utv.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

UTV are a wierd company. They are far from being Paddy20s knight in shining armour. In fact they are more like the knights page in tinfoil riding on a donkey nicked from the old donkeys home.

Customer service can be very poor - they once told me that I had no right to complain and especially no right to mention that other people had the problem. They regularly ignore speed and quality issues. However occasionally they'll answer an admin type query swiftly but I lodged a complaint throiugh Comreg and Comreg had to contact them twice before they responded.

If they didn't have Carl Stinson on their usergroup they would be really exposed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

On the combined line rental thing they have switched over my mothers line at home to a combined bill about 3 months ago (BB + Line rental) so it is happening and its surprising they haven't done it across the board.

On sucking notes, well I did noticed they dropped a charge of nearly €300 onto the cc bill for my mothers line with no indication why just 2 weeks ago! Luckily I spotted it and got on to them about it. Took about a week but they did sort it out.

I will say that usually the UTV CS people at least seem to be friendly unlike some from other companies. So not total suckage there but some suckiness is warranted. Still not as bad as Eirscum.

http://www.eircomsucks.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I wanted to stay out of this to see how it developed, but I reckon it's safe enough to throw my 2c into the pot now:

I was a big fan of theirs until the end of last year, in fact I recommended them to people both privately and on a lot of websites, including this one. However, despite extremely long-term promises, they never improved their customer service and staffing, and it became obvious to me shortly before I left that in general they had very little regard for their customers. I've always found it difficult to deal with a company like that, so I used the opportunity of a house move to shift providers too.

I'd say it was ironic that I'm now considering leaving BTI for almost exactly the same reasons, but I think the phrase "par for the course" is probably more accurate.

Advertisement