Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whens the next public meeting

Options
  • 13-09-2001 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

im just wondering whens the next one, when will some decisions be made. Just my opinion buy not before november, untill adsl, takes hold. then the battle fild can be decided.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

You should know by now, Gladiator, that once a meeting has been decided, it will be announced here, on the mailing list, and on our main web site. I'm sure you can therefore gather, from the fact that no such announcement has been made, that the committee has not yet decided on if and when to host another meeting.

To be perfectly honest, with the current events of this week, a lot of us have our minds on other, far more important matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

yea those adsl price have really taken people back, i hear theres even going to be a day off so people can get over the shock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Gladiator, that is one sick sense of humour you have. Absolutely sick.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You are one muppet and I've given you a hundred chances.

You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by DeVore
    You are one muppet and I've given you a hundred chances.

You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

DeV.

Is that for definite or wot??

Glad... Cant say it hasn't been coming.
    Thats 2 direct references to the horriffic and unspeakable tragedy in the USA. FFS. I'll stop before I say something I too may regret.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭E-Hub

im not mad at being banned, i guess that resonable side telling me i was being an asswhole, this whole think didnt sink in untill i spoke to a cousin of mine that was on a plane, directly beside one of the hi jacked ones. she could very easyly have been dead. its all abite overwelming to say the least. allso the 1300 dead or missing irish nationals. i dont react to think like this in the same way other people do. i make jokes and try to lighten the tone.
    im deaply sorry if i have offened anybody, by any of my actions.

im going to go for afew days and clear my head, ill see you people on monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

welcome back man.
    you have been reincarniated how many times?

you have proved life after death.
    hope you will be more mature.
    peace.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If I "see" you as Gladiator or your usual muppetry I will ban your ass forever.

I define "forever" as when the sun burns out.

Got it?

I will make things *unpleasant* for you as only I can.

DeVore.

im not to sure that i understand what you mean,
    If I "see" you as Gladiator or your usual muppetry I will ban your ass forever.

I wont be calling myself Gladiator again if thats what your talking about

I will make things *unpleasant* for you as only I can.

ive no douth you can make my stay here either easy or hard, but ive had alot of pain in my life that nothing you could do could ever compare to. so if it makes you happy and gives you a kick go ahead and do what ever you feel you must, you wont hear me complain

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

E-Hub/Gladiator/Carnivore/Joe22..

I'm really really angry right now so i'll keep it short..

I defended you in the past...thought your heart was in the right place.

Recent posts lead me to believe that you are just a sick individual.

I'm struggling very hard to be semi-polite here...please crawl back into whatever hole you came out of..I couldn't care less about the "pain in you're life"..you are not the center of the Universe.

I apologise to everyone that i have ever defended him too, i was mistaken.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Thats pretty much how I feel too.

Pretty soon, you're going to have to learn that to be part of a community you have to act along that societys guidelines of how its members interact.

Right now you come accross as a spoilt brat who is insensitive and everything revolves around you.

I've tried hard to refrain from banning you because believe it or not I'm a big fan of freedom of speech. But you freedom to speak doesnt mean I have to let you do it here.

Cop on.

DeV.

I can't say, at this stage, that I agree with him being allowed back on and not instead being entirely banned, as he so well deserves.

This is ... what? his 4th incarnation?!... and people have gotten permanently banned before on their first for doing less without a second thought... being perfectly honest, I don't see what's so special about this particular muppet that he gets away with it as he has and for as long as he has.

By the way, I'd take DeVore saying "If I see you as Gladiator..." as meaning "If I see you acting in the same way as you did under the name 'Gladiator'..." - I'm sure he can correct me if not.

Anyway... As DeV has warned above that this is his absolute last chance, I'm happy enough to leave it at that for now.

I'll still refrain from saying what I think should be done to you, "E-Hub", as it's frankly quite unpleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

Originally posted by Gladiator
    yea those adsl price have really taken people back, i hear theres even going to be a day off so people can get over the shock :)

Gladiator, sorry I didn't get round to killfiling you, but never dreamt you could get even worse.

Please f**k off and crawl back into whatever rancid hole you originally crawled out of.

People like you we do not need or want.

Martin Harran

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well I'm a big fan of free speech too. If someone should be banned then fair enough but if someone lowers themselves to a level that they resort to abuse (what does killfilling mean?) then they should be banned too for the same reasons.
    As a fan of free speech I am capable of reading anything and I mean anything. If someone wants to make a joke about 1000's of people's deaths then so be it and I've heard sick humour at my workplace on this subject already, IT IS how some people deal with it, and I can accept it. This text medium seems destined to remain far too sensitive.

musician- "killfiling" is essentially the same as adding someone to your "ignore list" - ensuring that you don't see any messages from them from then on. It's a feature I never use (because I like to see all of exactly what is going on), but many swear by.

--

If someone wants to make a (SICK) joke of 1,000's of people's deaths then NO, it's not a case of "so be it". Boards.ie is a moderated site for a reason- because we don't want to and dont have to put up with that kind of immature, irresponsible and annoying behaviour. Nobody ever said that Boards.ie was a democracy. It's not. You either behave yourself within the (perfectly fair) rules set out by the site administrators or you end up getting yourself banned. It's not your God given right to use or abuse this site as you see fit.

Now I hope we can put this matter to rest (...?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

I have been reading up tonight on all the things that have been happening re: Gladiator. I would call on everyone to end this slating and lets get on with what we are here to do. I dont mean to be rude and patronising to any of you, and I can understand that Gladiators comments were out of order, but we must go on and leave this 'topic' altogether.

This is not constructive to our cause. Like Bard said, that heated argument is healthy, I couldnt agree more, but when users are slating other users ( I can understand why in this particular case ), it is not constructive. Lets try to keep our arguments constructive, ( like why a WAN is not the answer ).

Thanks for listening

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Pragmatica

If this post offends ? Dont read it! I agree with musician ... Nothing I've read on this board or lightly to read on this board or anywhere wouldn't bother me ... It just annoying to have to waft through all your petty bickering @ 16,000 bits ...

Losts of people seen something comming for ages now including me ... as soon as bush was elected I figured about a year @ most before america would be @ war with all this missile defence and starwars etc ... So what if glad said "he seen it comming" ? Doesnt mean he condones it ... me either! You can be damned well sure that another frigging bomb will go off in N ireland in the future or somebody will be killed ... To me it's depressing that people cant live in peace ... Like what does every body want now and for the future ? Answer ... peace of mind, a fair deal and security for the future ... but you cant have that without ruining somebody elses peace of mind, fair deal and security ... Everybodies just too quick to rush in and argue and before you know it there bombing eachother, not unlike this thread!

I found out the hard way that nobody really cares about u in this world ... Sure you might talk a good fight here condidering the circumstances but if i was homeless laying in the streets of dublin dyeing ... all you good concerened people here would just walk over the top of me like I wasent even human! Yeah ... you know you've all done it before ;) ... and thats where it really starts ... people thinking they are better than other people that are in diffrent circumstances ... I've got news for u all weather you black, white or mongloid ... people are all pritty much the same the world over ...

It bad enough watching the fate of the last 3 days and then comming here so see these esclated arguments that blown way outa proportion ... everybody knows that this argument has got bugger all to recent events ... you all seem to have it in for this guy right since the very day I've been comming here and before and it doesnt matter what he says! you down his throat and twisting his words on every frigging post and then deleting and editing them for your conviceance ... Give it a rest! please ?

I can safley say having never of met any of you in person or anyother real manner including glad ... that if you all had guns in your hands I wouldn't expect that glad would be the most lightly person to shoot me first ...

Anyway ... while your laying in you beds tonight ... you might like to think about middle eastern ****ries that have been bombed contiunllly on a daily basis for the last several years and say a prayer for them tommrow too ... ah but thats right ... shucks I forgot! "we're better than them arnt we"

And as for houmour ? if I cant laugh ... I might as well be dead too ...

So Glad ... tell me where you live so I can come around and give ya a warning shot behind the ear :D

hmm Longfield fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

Can we PLEASE end this discussion - these issues have absolutely nothing to do with this forum.

I originally posted a simple message of sympathy for the people affected with no reference to the issues involved, which I thought everyone would agree with.

It is right that the factors leading to these tragic events should be debated but this is not the place.

Martin Harran

Originally posted by o_donnel_abu:

Can we PLEASE end this discussion

Indeed we can. Thread closed.

Thanks,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement