Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with BT BB, modem and wireless router

• 11-10-2005 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am aware that this is more of a hardware issue rather than a com. issue but I am just wondering if people had similar problems with the same equipment and ISP.

My setup is BT 1MB Broadband, the ZyXEL Prestige DSL modem that came with it and I have a Sitecom 140g+ wireless router and 1 laptop.

When I can back from a week’s holiday I noticed that over the week there was a power outage.
    I checked the laptop and noticed that the wireless connection had been lost and the laptops wireless card could no longer find the Sitecom, so I restarted both the DSL modem and the Sitecom and everything was fine.

A few hours later I all dies again however this time the laptop and the Sitecom can see each other.
    I called BT support who were very very good and it was up and running again after resetting both the ZyXEL Prestige DSL modem and the Sitecom wireless router.
    Now this morning it's gone again, I did not have time to reset things before going to work.

Has any had similar problems with the setup above and is there and easier way of fixing it that resetting all the time, or could the problems encountered be a problem with a lightning strike, seeing as there had been a power outage while I had been away ?

Advertisement