Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone on the eircom trial please read..

Options
  • 13-09-2001 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

I presume anyone on the Eircom DSL trial got that letter this morning asking whether you wanted to stay on the service after the trial period is over.

£77 pm (ex vat) is the price and they won't charge you an installation or equipment fee since you already have it installed.

So will anybody go for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

you know about the 3gb/pm limit and the 2.6p/ 26 pounds every gb after that dont you? and that it doesnt include line rental so you can compare it directly to germanies 20 pounds service while doesnt include line rental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Hecate, I'm going to have to think long and hard about it! I know we were very lucky to be trialists in the first place. Its a nice deal getting the equipment which is priced at € 174 (IEP£ 137.04) for equipment. But I feel we are now being somewhat rushed by Eircom, we have 6 days to decide amidst all the rumpus that the ODTR are kicking up now. The decision will have to be made on real uncertainty as to what could happen to the price. I know some people feel the ODTR has been quite tootless in the past in standing up to Eircom, but then again they are aware of IrelandOffline now, as are Eircom (I saw in a previous thread they upped the cap from 1gb to 3gb as a result of noted rage, presumably monitored on the boards!!, erm thanks Eircom). The consequences of such decisions are being openly debated to a much greater audience.

So should we go ahead and hope that the ODTR do us proud? By adjusting the capping or the cost or both?

Can any one tell me does the alcatel USB modem really cost 137.04? Lets see how low we can find it priced at!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by Dangger
    Hecate, I'm going to have to think long and hard about it! I know we were very lucky to be trialists in the first place. Its a nice deal getting the equipment which is priced at € 174 (IEP£ 137.04) for equipment. But I feel we are now being somewhat rushed by Eircom, we have 6 days to decide amidst all the rumpus that the ODTR are kicking up now.

I assume that if they are forced to reduce the monthly charge they will obliged to reduce your monthly charge. If you are happy with the present set up I would be inclined to accept their offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭neverhappen

assume that if they are forced to reduce the monthly charge they will obliged to reduce your monthly charge. If you are happy with the present set up I would be inclined to accept their offer.

Big assumption. Not what I read from the Ts and Cs. I think you're signing up for a min 12 month period at IE 95 per month.

Interestingly, it doesn't mention the size of the cap or the price for going over the cap - Is this a valid contract ?

Ah, to hell with em, they can come and take back their modem at a time that suits me - its probably not even worth their while sending someone out here to get a 'used' modem...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Originally posted by Dangger
    Can any one tell me does the alcatel USB modem really cost 137.04?

As far as I can see, similar USB ADSL Modems go for £90 to £150.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

eircom can go fúck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Well said kaids. I think you've just echoed the sentiments of probably every member of IrelandOffline. Eircon, go fúck!

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

wow, i hadnt actually read that email properly and i missed the bit where it says we have to decide by wednesday.
    I really dont know what to do. The service itself is brilliant and i havent had any real problems, certainly not the "Its as slow as a 28.8 modem" as suggested by a certain someone. I really dont want to go back to dialup now, but 100 bills a month, christ. add to the fact that im locked into that for 12 months and im SURE the price will fall (surely it will have to).
    Has anyone emailed the sender of that email?

Advertisement