Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C4 placement - Not the obvious ones...

Options
  • 11-10-2005 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

OK - so we all have our favourite C4 places, those nasty hidey holes that result in total carnage :D ... here are some for consideration...

1) The Flag

Not the stand, and not the ground around it.. that's too easy. I'm talking about sticking the C4 on to the flag pole itself. This can be completely hillarious when you pack some C4 at the top of the pole (just throw it accurately and it will stick) and then some nice obliging chopper comes along to capture... and gets the surprise of a lifetime :eek:

2) The roofs

Another chopper surprise - don't mine the flag stand, mine the roof of the building around the flag stand. Works a treat as choppers tend to hover over the roofs for cover. One click and BOOM!... bye bye chopper :o

3) Bunkers

Oh man this can be excellent. If you time this right... don't cap a flag stand (like on wake island), just plant some C4 in the spawn point / bunker and wait outisde for the masses of nme troops to spawn.. then clicky click... they all vanish in a big bang!

4) Overhangs

Take Strike at Karkland for example.. there are some nice overhangs in the flag areas.. stick the C4 on the underside of the overhangs (ceilings to you and me!) and wait...when troops come in to cap a flag, they NEVER look up. Clicky click... vanishing troops :p

Any other contenders?

c0y0te

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

walls, shadows, vents, under tables, inside the leaves of trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I saw a guy using this technique to great effect a few times on strike at karkand last night:

You know that fenced area just directly north of the northernmost USMC spawn point at the start of the map, between the USMC spawn and the first MEC flag. USMC generally blow a hole in the fence and stream through it towards the MEC flag. This guy hid behind the fence and stuck a single C4 pack to the fence on his own side. there's a little corner along the fence that you can hide in whilst keeping an eye on the opening.
    Every time a squad of USMC went through they got blown to bits. He managed to keep this up for ages due to a friendly supply guy spamming ammo packs and the USMC neglecting to lob a few grenades over the wall and kill him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

c0y0te wrote:
    wait outisde for the masses of nme troops to spawn.. then clicky click... they all vanish in a big bang!

Thats really awful play. Don't deliberatly try and kill people while they spawn.

yeah man, dont try to kill people ever thats really bad form.

you need to bring them flowers and offer peace, maybe they will let you borrow the flag for a while.

seriously if you die at a flag spawn at a different one.

i hate whiners who complain about spawn camping, the only time this is ever a problem is when you have 1 flag left and its capturable, but rather than capture they just keep you penned in and up their scores.

other than that alls fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

jaggeh wrote:
    hate whiners who complain about spawn camping, the only time this is ever a problem is when you have 1 flag left and its capturable, but rather than capture they just keep you penned in and up their scores.

Posted this on another thread....I never spawn camp but if I have the opposition pinned down to one flag it is near impossible to cap that flag is there is even number on teams....once you try and break to capture it you will prob get taken out and before you get back from the grave they will have broken out.....sometimes it is only possible to pin them down and wait for end of round!! if they are any use they should be able to hold the flag with a squad and this will allow a spuad to break out.....mind you I never sit with a tank...I will go into sniper mode and pick them off.....give them a chance cause I am a sh*t sniper!! :D

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    Posted this on another thread....I never spawn camp but if I have the opposition pinned down to one flag it is near impossible to cap that flag is there is even number on teams....once you try and break to capture it you will prob get taken out and before you get back from the grave they will have broken out.....sometimes it is only possible to pin them down and wait for end of round!! if they are any use they should be able to hold the flag with a squad and this will allow a spuad to break out.....mind you I never sit with a tank...I will go into sniper mode and pick them off.....give them a chance cause I am a sh*t sniper!! :D

i usually let them break out, then bring my squad in to cap the flag. leaving them with no flags.

but i mean seriously who cares about playing fair? play to win!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

all is fair in love and war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

jaggeh wrote:
    i usually let them break out, then bring my squad in to cap the flag. leaving them with no flags.

but i mean seriously who cares about playing fair? play to win!!!

Love when I am commander and we have them pinned down.....this is when you see arti come to the fore.....just keep the arti coming and watch the points rack up!!! Wake Island is the best when you pin them up in cornor flag close to US arti....blow the bridge so they have to swim over to try and counter attack....few good snipers and a few support holding the ridge and start the arti!!! then sit back and see who goes highest into the air when arti hits!!

hahahahahahhaha(evil laugh) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Got a full Blackhawk on the Kurbah Dam map, the ****s were flying around capping all the flags, i got pissed off and layed all my c4 on the roof of the MEC building next to the flag, happiest moment ever in bf2 (second happiest moment ever was sticking c4 on Levy's chopper and asking him "hey levy what goes boom?" :D (Also stabbing berns, always a great one)

Does the new patch eliminate that whole ghey chopper flag capping thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Most people seem to have their own idea on this . On our server you are not allowed to go into an uncapable base in say a tank or apc and spawn rape unless all the other flags are caped first . But once all flags are capped , you are allowed do pretty much as you please .

• Advertisement

what if i enter the base and get into one of their tanks and proceed to kill everyone covering my specops buddy who is blowing everything up before we make our well planned and timely escape?

(and yes chopper cap whoring is gone, now you have to deal with high orbiting blackhawks spamming the ground with minigun fire)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Yeah, well... 'til it happens to YOU :mad: ;) - but the worst is rats leaving ship (logging off) when it's happening.

Got on one of the EA UK ranked last night, Oman, US side. MEC were raping us, last flag feet-dry was top left on beach (nearest river mouth). Arti', then Mig bomb carpet, then Mi-28 & repeat non-stop, & same on carrier deck (Mig & Mi-28) and MEC APCs below decks for good measure.

There were about 31/32 each side when I logged (in the middle of it), about 5 mins later (round end) we US were down to 9 or 10.

Just How the f***in hell do we get a chance if everyone just yellows out, as soon as it gets a bit choppy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

jaggeh wrote:
    what if i enter the base and get into one of their tanks and proceed to kill everyone covering my specops buddy who is blowing everything up before we make our well planned and timely escape?

If you don't hang around then it's not a problem

jaggeh wrote:
    other than that alls fair.

You're really fond of vomitting out rules aren't you? You'd teamkill if someone took your jeep but deliberately trying to catch people as they spawn is fine? Pff

ok lets look at it this way, fresh troops are dropping off a chopper, do you think the enemy would wait for them to get into cover/defense before they hit em.....

no, you hit your enemy where he is weak, use artillery/snipers where they are strong, defend where you are strong, run where you are weak (but leave traps)

jaggeh wrote:
    ok lets look at it this way, fresh troops are dropping off a chopper, do you think the enemy would wait for them to get into cover/defense before they hit em.....

no, you hit your enemy where he is weak, use artillery/snipers where they are strong, defend where you are strong, run where you are weak (but leave traps)

Wait you're trying to bring realism into this?

That example only works if your spec ops has a supernatural ability to know exactly where the enemy troops are going to land. (ie, where the spawn points are).

Now if he knows an actual blackhawk is coming in, and predicts where it will land and manages to C4 it, then well done, that was good play, but placing C4 at spawn points in the hopes of blowing someone as they spawn is only possible because its a game and it makes absolutely no sense in terms of real world play.

Not to mention its a cheap and skilless way of winning.

it makes perfect sense, have a spec ops infiltrate the base and blow up their barracks, armories etc while the troops sleep....

anyway im a pilot (almost 2000 pilot kills now) and id happily bomb you back to the stoneage, then confiscate your stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

jaggeh wrote:
    ... then confiscate your stones.

Illegal armament: STONES

Category: Blunt
    Propulsion Method: Muscle

Confiscate on sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

jaysus, these hackers usin there shtones ta win, i d'no whats goin on at all at all.

hah??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

diving under a parked apc, tank whilst capping a flag, stick c4 on the underneath, as sum1 comes to defend and gets in tank, apc to find u (tank whores who hav no balls to take u on fairly) detonate as they get far enough away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Agent47 wrote:
    diving under a parked apc, tank whilst capping a flag, stick c4 on the underneath, as sum1 comes to defend and gets in tank, apc to find u (tank whores who hav no balls to take u on fairly) detonate as they get far enough away.

I like it... I have pulled this off once, every other time I got run over...
    APC coming str8 for me but shooting at something else, i go prone and he drives over me then he stopped for a 2 seconds, attached some C4 then he drove off followed by...
    Kabooooooooooomm......

The inspiration was in a clip on the net somewhere of a guy doing the same to an MEC van ....

Advertisement