Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Problem

Options
  • 11-10-2005 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Any help would be appreciatted....
    last saturday my focus started "judderring" for a few seconds everytime i change up a gear, it kinda feels like its losing driving then getting it for a second and then losing it again in a cycle for a few seconds and then it settles and goes fine then.
    It doesn't happen all the time now but every so often.

anyone any idea what it could be, i cant get it to a garage until saturday, would it be the clutch slipping or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Defintely the clutch slipping :(

Having the same problem myself ! :mad:

The clutch should be fairly cheap to replace on a Focus, messy enough to do yourself. I'd say it will cost you around 250-300euro to get it replaced from Ford.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Similar to what was happening mine, it was the coil that was gone, when I put the foot down it was dying, like diry petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I had the same problem twice!

The yellow light came on (Engine managment light) and after another mile and a bit of juddering as you call it the Focus just died!

Had to get it towed and then the coil replaced (seemingly a common problem in the Ford Focus)

3 months later , the same goddamn light came on again and i couldnt believe it. Rang the garage to complain and they asked was it mis firing again. i said no and she said if it is ,you will have to get it to the garage as soon as you can. I then asked would it only go for a mile like the last time and would she be willing to give me a push up the M50 if it did die!!!

Had to get Catalic Converter (SP?) replaced ,€400 .

So all in all , bring your wallet and have some old clothes to wear for pushing purposes!!!

Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Definetley sounds like a Coil Problem. Bring it to any Ford dealer or local mechanic with diagnostic software and they will put the car on the Diagnostics machine. Shouldn't be that expensive to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

eddhorse wrote:
    I had the same problem twice!

The yellow light came on (Engine managment light) and after another mile and a bit of juddering as you call it the Focus just died!

Had to get it towed and then the coil replaced (seemingly a common problem in the Ford Focus)

3 months later , the same goddamn light came on again and i couldnt believe it. Rang the garage to complain and they asked was it mis firing again. i said no and she said if it is ,you will have to get it to the garage as soon as you can. I then asked would it only go for a mile like the last time and would she be willing to give me a push up the M50 if it did die!!!

Had to get Catalic Converter (SP?) replaced ,€400 .

So all in all , bring your wallet and have some old clothes to wear for pushing purposes!!!

Ed

i had all the same probloms on a 04 focus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Had this problem with my Focus. It was the coil.

Have two brothers with same car, same year and had the same problem.

It was under gaurantee, i paid i think 80 euros to have it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Mine should still be under gaurantee, 80quid wouldnt be too bad so it wouldnt.

It never seem's like its gonna die it just struggles in low revs through the gear range, its probably not a good idea to drive it at all then is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

draffodx wrote:
    Mine should still be under gaurantee, 80quid wouldnt be too bad so it wouldnt.

It never seem's like its gonna die it just struggles in low revs through the gear range, its probably not a good idea to drive it at all then is it?
    Get it fixed quick!...coil went on the wifes car a few months back....03. focus. known problem. car conked out completely on her.......had to get it towed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Had this problem with my Focus. It was the coil.

Have two brothers with same car, same year and had the same problem.

It was under gaurantee, i paid i think 80 euros to have it fixed.

never had to pay anything to get mine done and i had it towed for free also

such akwardness, damn ford's, does it take long to get fixed? a day? was planning on doing a good bit of travelling this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Dropped mine in in the afternoon and collected it that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily :D

My company van focus: the heating has gone twice. Its only a damn cable that pops loose. Im SOOOO cold driving to work and the windows are fogged up so its also dangerous. Yet again i need to drop it in. In fairness though the Diesel engine 1.6 is excellent and not a bother. Damn fast too.

thanks for the help

only 20k on the car was expecting it to go further than that before causing trouble, damn fords

Advertisement