Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girls 'shoulder tops'

• 11-10-2005 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

you know the ones i mean, those knitter cardigan/sweater type tops for chicks which dont actually cover the torso but only the arms, shoulders and chest. they look absolutly retarded! who invented these monstrosities and why do girls wear them? i cant believe anyone thinks they look well, they are just stupid lookin./

discuss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Hehe ive two!!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yes, they're gimmicky and impractical imo and it has become hard to find a proper cardigan/sweater that covers the full upper body since they became trendy. Very annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Keeps your arms warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Ive no idea what you guys are on about any chances of a link / pic to have a looksie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I don't know what you're talking 'bout either and I'm a girl! Are you talking about wraps?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭man-in-cognito

I know the ones you mean, and yeah, they look bloody awful..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Oh god I hate those yokes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Sarge wrote:
    Ive no idea what you guys are on about any chances of a link / pic to have a looksie ?
    I don't know what you're talking 'bout either and I'm a girl! Are you talking about wraps?!

TS0506_470.jpg

Any help? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Well i like that top there :) looks well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 squiiish

God awful monstrocities.
    Although, not quite as bad as last winter's poncho-fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I think they're nice. Don't see how the 'awful looking yokes'..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

squiiish wrote:
    God awful monstrocities.
    Although, not quite as bad as last winter's poncho-fest.
    i do agree that they are awful but the poncho's weren' that bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I think they can look good. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I think they're ok. They can accentuate a girls assets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

oh yeah those things, they can look alright on some birds..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It depends on the chick - if she is sexy anything she wears will look good :D If she's not then nothing she wears will ever make her look better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Shrimp wrote:
    oh yeah those things, they can look alright on some birds..
    Aye. Sometimes its good, but sometimes its enough to make you gag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joejo

ferdi wrote:
    you know the ones i mean, those knitter cardigan/sweater type tops for chicks which dont actually cover the torso but only the arms, shoulders and chest. they look absolutly retarded! who invented these monstrosities and why do girls wear them? i cant believe anyone thinks they look well, they are just stupid lookin./

discuss.

Strange. Lots of negative feedback on this one. Actually it turns my head... on the right girl. I guess it doesn't work on everyone but a small-breasted, thin-shouldered girl with one of these on will be able to catch me looking at her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I'm a bloke and I like 'em. That's what important.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not a big fan at all...but as I was sitting in uni drinking coffee yesterday...sombody walked by twice....when she had passed me maybe she just thought 'hmm wanna see again' or something and walked right on back ;)....oh yes, they can look good (:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

It's fashion you loolas it doesn't have to look good or be practical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

what disturbs me more is the amount of lads posting on the fashion/appearance forum

Seraphina wrote:
    what disturbs me more is the amount of lads posting on the fashion/appearance forum
    I work in fashion and am using this place to source people's opinions on current trends to cut the company costs of preforming actual market research.... ;)

yes...that'll do... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭FoXXy

rb_ie wrote:
    I work in fashion and am using this place to source people's opinions on current trends to cut the company costs of preforming actual market research.... ;)

yes...that'll do... :D

hehe i love it... nicely done :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

i hate them (whats new!). every skank in dublin is wearing them and they look ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I really like them and have a few. They can look lovely on the right people. They were very handy for summer too, if you were going out and didn't wanna bring a jacket.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Seraphina wrote:
    hey, we've jumped on the metro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

*Angel* wrote:
    I really like them and have a few. They can look lovely on the right people. They were very handy for summer too, if you were going out and didn't wanna bring a jacket.
    ~Leanne~ wrote:
    Hehe ive two!!!
    Nightwish wrote:
    every skank in dublin is wearing them and they look ridiculous.
    Seraphina wrote:
    I'm just here for the cat fights really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I don't like these much myself! There's just something that looks off about them is all...

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Seraphina wrote:
    "OMG! boys talking about fashion, they must all be big fat flamers*!!!!"

*homogays
    f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Eh, back on topic there!

simu wrote:
    Eh, back on topic there!

...or prepare for the caning of your life :p

On topic: As Angel said, they do look lovely on the right people but like nearly every type of clothing/every style they don't suit some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i dont think that at all ferdi, you just never struck me as someone who'd be interested in fashion /me shrugs. in fact i didn't think there would be any guys really interested in fashion, and look how wrong i was!

anyways i think they can look ok on some people. i wouldnt bother with them myself, not into fashion fads.
    however if you're on the larger side in the stomach area they REALLY accentuate that, you have to have the right shape for them i reckon (and be wearing other nice stuff too i guess)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Seraphina wrote:

anyways i think they can look ok on some people. i wouldnt bother with them myself, not into fashion fads.
    however if you're on the larger side in the stomach area they REALLY accentuate that, you have to have the right shape for them i reckon (and be wearing other nice stuff too i guess)

i really with this, if a girl has a stomach, they're not the most flattering choice, i myself wouldn't wear them as i unfortunately belong to this group :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

theyre nasty lookin alright...sometimes!
    Was sworn against them till i found a gorg purplish one kinda knitted olookin with bitts hanging off...not the usual anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Some of them are nice! And they're useful in Ireland if you want to wear a pretty top when it's cold, but you don't want to cover it up in a jacket. They're also useful for girls who don't like their arms but want to wear nice tops! Have you noticed that the only dressy clothes available in most tops are sleaveless? I for one am not too happy with my arms so they come in very handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I like them! Have a couple. They're grand for just something light to wear over a top on a nite out..don't see why people wouldn't like them

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

Faerie wrote:
    Some of them are nice! And they're useful in Ireland if you want to wear a pretty top when it's cold, but you don't want to cover it up in a jacket. They're also useful for girls who don't like their arms but want to wear nice tops! Have you noticed that the only dressy clothes available in most tops are sleaveless? I for one am not too happy with my arms so they come in very handy!

What she said :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I have some of these from 2-3 years ago and I still use them if I am in work and am wearing a sleaveless dress and or dresses that show a bit of cleavage but want to cover up more in work. Some of the newer ones look less well and a decent crochet shawl or cardigan often looks better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

well i for one really like them, especially the half denim jacket type ones.. there is one in river island that i am dying to buy :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement