Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest me somewhere to get some sleep!

Options
  • 11-10-2005 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I'm not a morning person AT ALL. Yet I have 9am lectures which severely cut into my sleeping time. :( And I think I'm running on about 4 and a half weeks of accumulated sleep deprivation at this stage. :(
    So can anyone suggest somewhere good to take a nap in UCD? Preferably close to the science block, because I'm lazy... I'd prefer if it was warm and quiet, and more comfortable than the bench I've just spent half an hour sleeping on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

Downstairs in Arts (basement) there's the new (read: less eh... "dirty") couch.

I'll lend you my BA and Dramsoc cards, just tape 'em to yourself and sleep.

Actually hang on, don't you have math in 10 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Make friends with someone in Res, then borrow their keys.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Actually hang on, don't you have math in 10 minutes?
    Nope :)

Thanks to this not being my first time in 2nd year, I don't do maths :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

There are BEDS in the new nursing building!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

there's an air-conditioned cage with a bed in it on level 2 of the eng building. prize to anyone who finds it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

God DAMN the new couches in the student centre! They're nowhere near as comfortable as the old ones *cries* They were the place for sleeping. I'm sure the new ones will suffice if you bring earphones. That, or I've considered bringing in a sleeping bag more than once.

Also slept in science theatre lecture hall B after late night once last year. Just lay down across the bench, towel as pillow, jacket as covers & stayed there til halfway through lecture. Then sat up heehee...

Perhaps try 3rd floor eng block on the seats? I *would* recomend 2nd floor as it's less busy except that the seats there aren't fixed to the floor so slippage is a problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

There's a good few places to sleep in eng - one of my favourites is the "hangover" padded bench on the top floor at the front of the building, so so comfy! Trouble is there's usually someone sleeping off a hangover on it :mad:

indeed, or in fact the project lab seems just right. you could squeeze under one of the benches :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

God DAMN the new couches in the student centre! They're nowhere near as comfortable as the old ones *cries* They were the place for sleeping. I'm sure the new ones will suffice if you bring earphones. That, or I've considered bringing in a sleeping bag more than once....
    Tbh I was gonna suggest them.
    Haven't tried out the newer, allegedly-less-comfortable couches since I have no 9am lectures, but last year I made use of the, ahem, facilities.

Just shuffle into the Student Centre and collapse on the couches. If you're as zonked as you claim you're gonna be, you won't care if they're not as comfortable as last year's ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ill let you use my car for €5 and hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Red Alert wrote:
    indeed, or in fact the project lab seems just right. you could squeeze under one of the benches :)
    Yeah we all made good use of the project lab for sleeping last year! Just pull three chairs together and your grand - you don't even need to go under the benches cos no one will disturb ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

personally i find that the best idea is to stay in bed till 12. u might a lecture but ul be awake for your afternnon one!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

New couches are sleepable on, if somewhat cold for unknown reason :confused: Get a long one, of course (there's 2 or 3 now which is good). Proved 2 hours ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I had a nap in the library today... Was reading some Medieval history crap, and decided to rest my head on the desk. Nature took its course :)

Not particularly comfortable, though, and I think my noises were disturbing the other people there...

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

I always found a good nights sleep the best cure to having to take naps. ;););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 craiglen

Actually the computer science buildings computer rooms are the ****in place! not the ground floor though that sucks ass but the first floor one is excellent mostly quiet (check for any practicals that may be on beforehand) the chairs kinda recline and are really comfy so you're sorted! Bring a large sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Vet hospital...? jk

Well I remember in my 1st first year, back in day...sigh, to be young and naieve (and to know how to spell)...anyway, back in first year I remember seeing some "sleep soc" kids in sleeping bags under the stairs in the LGS, as far as I can remember i think it was under the stairs that's next to the ladies, opposite LG4. I'd love to know if they're still around...might get more use out of my mummy bag :)

craiglen wrote:
    Actually the computer science buildings computer rooms are the ****in place! not the ground floor though that sucks ass but the first floor one is excellent mostly quiet (check for any practicals that may be on beforehand) the chairs kinda recline and are really comfy so you're sorted! Bring a large sandwich
    *thinks of the lovely chair she had in the 2nd year lab for many hours today*
    Looks like one of the better places to sleep could be the place where I'm spending half my time anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll be needing plenty of sleep tomorrow. I just finished my essay and I'm up at 7 in less than 4 hours.:(

If you see a guy in a black coat asleep in the Student Centre tomorrow, t'will be me.*

*Don't disturb me.

• Advertisement

right let's get him!

*takes out feather duster*

Get off teh intarwebber!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

if ure tired - anywhere. Ive slept in sci block and arts building (during lectures) and the study rooms in quinn. its easy. Just put your head down, and sleep...

Advertisement