Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless problem using Eircom Wireless Router

• 11-10-2005 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I just received an Eircom Netopia wireless modem. I've followed the setup instructions using the setup CD but cannot get a proper connection.

The LAN ports worked fine when I use a wired connection but when using a wireless connection, the router fails to assign me a proper gateway address. It only assigns me an IP address but no gateway so I can't access the internet.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 FNH

I had a similar problem, and found the only way to overcome it was to disable the the data encryption in the settings. Don't know if that would help you? Also have you tried letting the computer pick up the router as opposed to installing the software?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

FNH wrote:
    I had a similar problem, and found the only way to overcome it was to disable the the data encryption in the settings. Don't know if that would help you? Also have you tried letting the computer pick up the router as opposed to installing the software?

Yes, but I still had the same problem. I will try disabling the encryption and see will that work. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Try setting the IP address,subnet mask, and default gateway manually?

[if you need help doing this,please specify OS (Inc. SP if applicable) + full model of router,NIC,etc. (i.e. As much information as possible) ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

FNH wrote:

Yes, switching it off corrected the problem - very strange. The only problem here is having no protection whatsoever. However I have found a workaround, I changed the encryption to 40Bit instead of the default 128Bit and that worked first time round. There might be some software problems with the firmware - might try updating it at some stage. For now, 40Bit is good enough. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Sound like a problem with the Nic side not being able to handle encryption, update the nic drivers if firmware available for your nic update it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement