Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Provider Questions

Options
  • 11-10-2005 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

I currently have Chorus cable and am quite happy with it. I like the fact that I can record the match while gf watches corrie. I also like that I can use one of these to broadcast to another room in the house.

I'm moving house and cable isn't available in the area. What are my options to give me similar service ?

MMDS - can't watch one programme and record another. And can't programme video recorder to record a particular channel (am I right in saying this ?)

Chorus Digital : does this have channel 4 - is there a decoder box ? can I watch one thing and record another ?

Sky Ditigal : what does this give me ?

Sky+ : can i copy programmes from this device to my pc ? (e.g. want to burn a match or film to dvd to give to someone else)

Bit confused - wish I could still be on cable ! No decoders to confuse things !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

rang Sky yesterday - Sky+ seems to be the way to go. Not having Channel4 or UTV is a bummer. It was comical talking to the sales person I was talking to - they would not say the words 'Channel4' once in the conversation. I asked her if C4 was available and all she would say was 'E4 is part of the standard package...' So when do you reckon C4 will be available on Sky - 'E4 is part of the standard package...'

Another question I asked was about copying something that I have recorded onto the sky+ device. How do I get it off ? Answer 'you can record onto your DVD recorder or Video Recorder'
    So do I have to do it in real-time or is there a way I can hook it up to a pc and copy a file off the device ? Answer 'you can record onto your DVD recorder or Video Recorder'.

So I'm presuming whatever it is you want to record onto dvd must be played back and recorded in realtime onto a dvd.

Has anyone here got a SKY+ box - tell me about it please !

Advertisement