Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

syncing roaming profile

• 11-10-2005 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering does anyone know a way of syncing a roamin profile connected to a exchange server?

any help much appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Synching it with what?

Describe what you want todo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

so the roaming profile can be offline..eg when not connected to the server the user profile is still there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What? In outlook?

We need more information, i.e. "I am using X application, version N. When I do Y, it doesn't do Z. I would like it to do Z. My server is a W server, running version R".

Get the idea?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Never had much dealing with roaming profiles - cheated and used batch scripts / ADS to setup new users on PC's :D

Depends on the location of the PST and OST files.
    Any PST file must be in a common place where all profiles can see it. Otherwise email gets scattered.
    OST files on local machines will download email to get up to date - so unless a laptop user best on server too, and even then you might have to kill the file and rebuild it.

You could also setup a script to setup email for new users using profile.exe on the office resource kit and using %username% as the variable. - it's messy to setup AND no use for roaming profiles since email is already setup on the profile.

Set Fold=\\Server\pstfolder
    Set PST=%USERNAME%
    Profile.exe
    start EmailRegistrySettings.reg (to add in junk/fixes)

Another option would be to setup outlook on their main machine and setup OWA on the sever and put a link to the web server on the desktop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭theexis

If you have Office2003 used Exchange cached mode to carry in place of PST and enable RPC over HTTP if you happen to have OWA enabled for your corp server.

• Advertisement
Advertisement