Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Info required for female waxing

• 11-10-2005 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey guys,

just wondering what the procedure is with bikini waxings. Do you tell them how much you want removed or what happens? is there a standard shape or design made? Is it very invasive?

Do men like women to be au natural or what?

Let me know what you think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Japonica wrote:
    Do men like women to be au natural or what?

Guys like girls. Having something special or different will pique their interest.

Having a landing strip or lawn is nice. Having a jungle is a bloddy nuisance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BogOak

personally, for whatever reason (nature/conditioning/whatever), i like as little hair on a girl as possible. the less the better. it also make oral sex alot less annoying. pubes in the mouth/nose is horrible.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They'll normally remove about an inch in, more if you get a Brazillian. They'll ask you about how much to take off, usually. It's not invasive at all, you keep your underwear on. It hurts a little, but not as much as you'd think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

BogOak wrote:
    pubes in the mouth/nose is horrible.

Agreed.

If you don't like the idea of waxing, careful application of immac / veet works very well, just be sure to test for allergy first. Also, I'd suggest trimming with a trimmer thing. Nothing beats a nice tidy fanny tbh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

1. Don't have a bikini wax to please men for Gods sake, it should be enough if you're neat and hygenic.

2. They do ask how much you want removed

3. Of course it's not invasive for God's sake. That means they go inside you. They should be very professional about it.

4. I can't have bikini waxes anymore because I had terrible ingrown hair problems and I would never go through that because of some guy. There are other ways of keeping nice and trimmed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭alfa147

annR wrote:
    1. Don't have a bikini wax to please men for Gods sake, it should be enough if you're neat and hygenic.

I can't have bikini waxes anymore because I had terrible ingrown hair problems and I would never go through that because of some guy. There are other ways of keeping nice and trimmed.

jeez, u dont really like guys do u. why shouldnt girls get it done for us. theres nothing worse than a bird with a hairy bush.. trust me its worse for us giving oral. i cut my pubes back for birds. they should defo do the same, its a turnoff for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

If you read my post I said that a girl should keep trimmed. That is a long way from getting a bikini wax . . . if you ever had to get your crotch waxed you'd know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

well I would say never try home waxing. my last experience I ended up with wax stuck to my legs and then fluff from trousers stuck to that ...such a good luck. If its your first time go get a californian its a bit more than a normal wax but not as much as a brazilian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

get a californian
    Do you mean a "Hollywood"? http://ezinearticles.com/?Brazilian-Waxing---Is-It-For-You?&id=83
    Specifically the term 'Brazilian Waxing' refers to partial genital hair removal, often leaving a strip of hair, whereas 'Hollywood Waxing' refers to total genital hair removal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭_sara_

shaving works but takes a very long time(wouldnt want any cuts there)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Faith wrote:
    They'll normally remove about an inch in, more if you get a Brazillian. They'll ask you about how much to take off, usually. It's not invasive at all, you keep your underwear on. It hurts a little, but not as much as you'd think.
    Although, in fairness a brazillian is pretty invasive; front to back; legs in the air and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

Faith wrote:
    It hurts a little, but not as much as you'd think.

I must have a very low pain threshold cos I think it hurts like mad! Just tell the beautician it's your first wax and they'll make sure to put you at your ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

www.urbanwax.com
    Bikini wax - you keep your pants on.
    Brazilian / Hollywood - you have to strip off I'm afraid!

However, they make you feel at ease, and it ain't as bad as you may think. It's very sore the first time you get it waxed (Brazilian or Hollywood takes ALL the hair from your nether areas, front, back, everywhere!!!), but it's not awfully bad. Once you get it done more n more, it gets less sore. Hot wax is for sensitive skin, which is better (it is peeled off), warm wax is where they put the wax on and take it off using those strips.

They also have TV screens in each of the rooms playing Sex and the City (wahoo!!) so it takes your mind off everything. Also, they are very nice there, and will try and make it as painless and as awkward-less as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

When you say 'keep it trimmed', how do you trim it, or more my question is: does it not then be sore rubbing against your underwear as the hairs are so blunt?
    Is this not then also the case when a guy's giving oral? Is it not also sore on his face?

I have trimmed (or what I think is trimming) a few times, but I've always felt more embarassed afterwards as I felt it being that prickly couldn't be right.
    Also, how short is trimmed?

Sorry, it's just I'm V new to all of this (& unlike what men would like to imagine) we don't all go around looking at each others bits to see what everyone elses bits are like, so how do I know what it's supposed to look like.

Also, I'm a V shy person so I don't think I could go to a beautician for a wax.

Do fellas generally just like a tidy one, or do they prefer just a little strip? I personly think that looks a bit silly, but what do I know!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Shave and trim, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Grem

A normal bikini wax you just pull your knickers to the side and they take off as much as you ask them to from the side.
    A brazilian involves no knickers and they take off almost all the hair, a landing strip is left. It hurts like hell and the embarrasment of being bottom half naked in front of a stranger is mighty! But its really only for the first time. Any time after that slightly better, your more prepared for the pain. And the waxer has seen it all before etc.

In my opinion your unlikely to find a bloke that wud object to the waxed/shaved look. Havent come across an au naturel loving bloke as of yet!
    I hate hair myself tho so that why i remove it.

Advertisement