Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copied to Zen, not playing at full speed

Options
  • 11-10-2005 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I copied some Radio 4 shows I have on my computer to my Zen last week, along with a couple thousand mp3s. They're in mp3 format too, so I figured no prob. But when I listened to them today, every single on of them plays at what sounds like half speed. I assume it's to do with the encoding or something, but they play fine on my machine. Is there anything I should have done differently? All the other mp3s play fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

corblimey wrote:
    I copied some Radio 4 shows I have on my computer to my Zen last week, along with a couple thousand mp3s. They're in mp3 format too, so I figured no prob. But when I listened to them today, every single on of them plays at what sounds like half speed. I assume it's to do with the encoding or something, but they play fine on my machine. Is there anything I should have done differently? All the other mp3s play fine.

its cos they have a sampling rate of 11050 hz. resample them at 22 khz or higher and they'll play fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Maybe the hard drive is spinning too slowly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

its cos they have a sampling rate of 11050 hz. resample them at 22 khz or higher and they'll play fine.
    Thanks for that. Do I need to rip them again, or is there a (preferably free) app that will resample mp3 to mp3?

Advertisement