Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smarts telephony service

• 11-10-2005 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭

ADMIN - sorry if posted in the wrong section but i couldnt find anywhere else to post...

Right about three months ago i changed over from eircom to smart(broadband and landline package) From day one of connection the phone line has been absolutley terrible.
    Ive the exact same problems now 3months on which are dropping calls for no reason,unable to hear the other person/vice versa,no call waiting or call answering(which i was told would be set up as soon as id moved over)and serious reverbd of your own voice back at you.

When you pick up the phone the dial tone is like your in spain or something,really highpitched and fuzzy.Obviously ive been on to complain,ive tried a non cordless phone in the socket,same problem,went and bought a new phone in argos,again same problem.

Ive had engineers out twice(they seemed none the wiser) and apart from when i ring customer service and gte passed around 6 different people(i have all the names here!)im either promised a call back or that it will be sorted out within the next few days but alas 3months on were still here!

Broadband was fine for the first few weeks the i only had a connection speed of about 100kbs for a week and a half,it was ok then but lately its been disconnecting everysecond hour or so.

Im just wondering has anyone had any of the above problems or clues to what it may be?

Advertisement