Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feast for Crows

Options
  • 11-10-2005 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

Got a nice e-mail from amazon.co.uk today!

Ordered Title Price Dispatched Subtotal
    1 A Feast for Crows (Song of Ic £11.39 1 £11.39 The re-read begins, or maybe the relisten to the audible.com unabridged audiobooks - decisions decisions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah, im really looking to this. But I can't remember a fraction of what happened in the last one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Branoic wrote:
    Yeah, im really looking to this. But I can't remember a fraction of what happened in the last one!

Quite easily, my dear chap!

Chapters 1-20: Someone betrays someone else, a minor character dies.

:D

That said, I'm looking forward to getting it. I just finished Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton and I'm working my way through the new Wheel of Time book in between bouts of wanting to stab my eyes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Bosco

Do Easons have this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

been rushing trough the first 3 to remind myself of whats happened so far, hope to be done with them by the end of the week and can start on the next instalment.

Anyone finished it yet , any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Steven999

Has anyone actually seen this book on a shelf in a bookstore yet?

If so , where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Steven999 wrote:
    Has anyone actually seen this book on a shelf in a bookstore yet?

If so , where?

I got it on the day of release. As far as i can tell everywere is sold out. I got a first edition of the hardback (yea). The book is going to be split into two, so perhaps there waiting on the publisher's hard back. Why dont you get someone to order it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I got it in Hodges and Fidges last week - and they had loads of them on the shelves.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Branoic wrote:
    I got it in Hodges and Fidges last week - and they had loads of them on the shelves.
    And I was in there today and they had loads on the shelf....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

i got a signed limited edition copy :) number 251 of 1000 tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A friend got it. Very large book, so it is. She's about 150 pages in and assures me it's every bit as good as the last books.

I am jealous. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Finished it and not too impressed , lot of meaningless meandering and little plot progression , methinks GRRM is now suffering from the same disease that afflicts all Fantasy authors: the compulsive disorder to write hundreds of pages of well written guff safe in the knowledge that those of who bought the first books will continue to give him our money until the story ends (if it ever ends).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Finished it last night. I enjoyed it a lot, lots of fascinating revelations.
    Who'd have thought that Dorne had been trying to arrange a marriage with Viserys Targaryen?

A slow book, to be sure, it didn't have quite the pace of the others, but it was still good reading, and the events at King's Landing were very interesting.
    Letting the faith have its own private armies
    is one of the most stupid things Cersei has ever done, and in this book she does a LOT of stupid things. She's almost comic relief. :)

And Alayne's last chapter left me exclaiming "Littlefinger, you cunning little bastard!"

I eagerly await the Dance With Dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

got it in barnes and noble (US) along with Book 11 of Wheel of time.
    Have yet to read any of them. When im done with what im reading i will start it then WOT. Might have to read a few chapters of the last book to refresh my memory.

Advertisement