Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Question. --Electric windowZ

Options
  • 11-10-2005 2:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have a problem with my car and the NCT test is due. The passenger window motor has packed in. It goes up and down but only in 1 inch intervals.

Would this be classed as a failure for the NCT ?? Or do they check your windows at all ??

Aswell as that one of my fog lights has a crack in it. ? Would this constitute a fail ?

Would it just be better to disable these and hence it would be the same as a car with no fog lights ?

Chief.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

As far as I know, the window would probably not be a problem if you kept it shut, but a mate was snagged on a cracked front foglight on his beamer.
    I might be open to correction but that's my 2 cent....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

Try getting a can of silicone spray in your local auto factors and put it on the window rubbers....it may help the window glide better.

The front fog lights are auxiliary so they shouldn't be an issue.
    However, for safety for the N.C.T. it may be an idea to cover them with black tape - I did the same for a D.O.E. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

My car passed nct 1 year ago with inoperative electric windows, and about 3 warning lights up on the dash.

Advertisement