Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitters

Options
  • 11-10-2005 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

i havent babysat in a long time.... wats the going rate these days?? how much would you pay a night??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i babysat three children for 2 and a half yrs every weekend, i used to get 30ero, not much for the work i used to do! ive heard of people getting 50euro for minding a baby thats asleep when they arrive, whereas i started at half 6, fed the children, had to get the baby to sleep, and entertain the other 2 children until 10, the pparents wud return round 2,i used to be wrecked!! but excellent experience

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Dundalk cailín, that sounds a bit nuts - you we robbed.

As a parent, the rule of thumb we use is €5 per hour €5 or €10 on top - that's arriving with baby asleep, with not much to do.

If you're feeding and entertaining kids you should be getting much more IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

looking back it was practically slave labour!! i remember when i was young, and my sis was a baby, my parents would always have her asleep and me tucked up before they go out, and the b/sitter would do her homework, or watch tv, that was it!! i really had a fulltime job from when i arrived over in the house, the children were 1, 5, and 7...i had just turned 15. often it would take aged for them to get settled to sleep, v active kids! but i spose, it was my own bit of cash to get myself some credit!

Advertisement