Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker Issues [T7900 with Decoder]

Options
  • 11-10-2005 8:08pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all..

Recently bought the Creative Inspire T7900 and also a decoder. Hooked up all the speakers to the main base unit, and all cables for the decoder etc.

I have the decoder connected to the TV via a SCART connector. ie. one end is the SCART for the TV and the other is the Red, White and Yellow cables for the decoder but I can never get all speakers to work no matter what mode I am in.

Any ideas how I can do this? I read the thread below but I wasnt to sure if it applied to me becuase my speakers are different.. I tried it, but I still can only get my right, left and center speakers working right, the rest, voices sound VERY squeaky. :S

Iv been terrorising Irish Support for ages about this whole matter of connecting it to the TV and when I finaly got it working (or so I thought) I hung up and then realised it wasnt all working - not all speakers work lol.

Hope you guys can help.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

You first should do a speaker test to make sure that each satellite actually works ok. The audio out from a SCART socket on the TV will only be in stereo, 2 channel, front left and front right so don't expect surround from the TV. However, if you press the CMSS button, it should upmix this stereo signal to 7.1.

It's probably better thoug to hook the decoder up to a DVD player via coaxial or with the optical and play a movie. The DVD movie will give your true 5.1 surround sound which you can then upmix to 7.1 and this would probably be a better test.

Can u hook the speakers up to a 7.1 sound card and see if they sound ok >

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well demac, I narrowed the problem down to a faulty connection on the scart cable. It has several ends to it, some worked and some didnt.

Managed to connect the ones that work and got all speakers working. Not great sound out of em to be honest (background noise in all speakers, voices are squeaky and hard to hear - apart from centre, left and right tho, they work fine - but when hooked up to a DVD Player the sound is simply amasing!

Im gonna try find out what cable I need to hook up the iPod, ill defo bring them speakers to the Halloween party im off to ;) 1504 songs, playing on surround sound - should be class!

Advertisement