Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 21's

Options
  • 11-10-2005 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi all,

was just lookin for some help on where to go on a night out in cork over the weekend if you are not over 21..
    getting the impression that pubs and clubs arent as laid back over the weekend as they are on week nights

thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You're joking? I was in the Savoy last Saturday and it was full of 18 year olds. Haven't been in Cubins or Blu Bambu (or thankfully, Readens) for ages but they were always the same. The only place I've seen an 'older' crowd was the Qube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

And The Qube is full of pretentious tossers, and stupid ol dolls.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Ah, the Qube...I can't believe they managed to make the transition to a charging night-club, since the only reason I ever remember people giving for going there was "ah come on, it's free in". Still. Ended up in there hammered the night they had the salsa band on and was quite impressed, considering that going anywhere near the place usually means I've already had too much to drink....

As for saturdays and under 21s....I don't know, really. You could try Blu Bambu or Club One.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

the goat... the only place in Cork where even the 18 year old's feel like OAP's.

on a related note, is the goat still open?

If you're going to try club one, bring some kind of device to incapacitate any would-be attackers. The place is like Beirut...

Havent been into blu bambu yet.. I was told it's full of youngwans in short skirts. I spose i should go in there to confirm the report really

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

rymus wrote:
    on a related note, is the goat still open?
    Don't think so. I passed there a few days ago anyway, and the frontage was wrecked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

Goat has been closed for ages. Savoy is quite good on a saturday, Blu Bamboo is crap in my opinion and the bouncers are tosseers, they blew one of my friends out of it because apparently he had too much- he's a pioneer! Oh and Beirut is way safer then club one last i heard!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think the last club I went to was the Savoy about three years ago. These days I mostly go to late bars. I wouldn't mind going clubbing tbh, but no-one I know bothers any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 melw

Goldsoundz in the Bodega on Friday nights is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i think the over 21's is just an excuse to stop ppl from goin in there... if a bouncer doesn't like the look of ya or indeed if he feels like it he'll say ya have to be over 21, but if he's in a good mood he'd be a bit more relaxed about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I thought it became illegal to make a place over anything but 18 as thats the legal age for drink, wasn't there a legal case about this a couple of years ago. As was said any of these things are just used as an excuse to turn away people they don't want in anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

^^not quite apparently if you advertise it some way, like a sign or something than its o.k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

The Savoy is a great place to go... it's the only "proper" nite club in town!!.. They aren't strict about the age thing either and anytime ive been there the bouncers are really nice!!
    Cubins are fierce strict some nights about that whole over 21's thing!!.. Im 20 like and I do look respectable and they wouldn't leave me in one night!!.. Not that i cared because the place is full of posers anyway!!
    Blubambu is a good laugh when uve got a good crowd of ure own friend's in there... the music is good! I thinks its gonna be the same no matter where ya go.. if uve got a good group of friends and loadsa drink! hehe....
    Stay away from Mangans anyway!!... uhh what a dive!.. Its like Roco or something in there!! haha!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rebelsbells2005

*Suz* wrote:
    hi all,

was just lookin for some help on where to go on a night out in cork over the weekend if you are not over 21..
    getting the impression that pubs and clubs arent as laid back over the weekend as they are on week nights

thanks for your help

you should def try da savoy, its not too strict on the door and it feels like a proper niteclub!! as for pubs try da wash

Advertisement