Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

that 123.ie thingy for big cars

Options
  • 11-10-2005 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

the one with the mad excess....

anyone here using it?

do they do japs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i used to work for them.it was great fun. but it was before i could even drive so it was no good to me as i couldnot get cheap insurance.:D

they were cheap about a year ago but now the quotes have risen rapidly:o

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

naa, not standard insurance, they have one with a massive €4k excess, but will insure u on almost any car up to 3l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I'm with them at the moment - 2l Jap import and it isn't a problem. Haven't had to claim and hopefully won't have to. I'm fairly happy. It's a pity the excess doesn't come down with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What age, how long you been driving, how many years full licence?
    and how much is your insurance?
    I'd love to get insured on a jap import integra type r

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

draffodx wrote:

Haven't got it myself buy i'd seriously consider it.

On a side note if your looking for a mint tegra type r a friend of mines is selling a 98 one if your interested pm me and i'll forward you his number. He just changed for a 325i beemer. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

ssh wrote:
    I'm with them at the moment - 2l Jap import and it isn't a problem. Haven't had to claim and hopefully won't have to. I'm fairly happy. It's a pity the excess doesn't come down with time.

Is the excess only on your car, or is it also on a 3rd party car - I would think that an insurance company must have to pay 100% of the damage to a 3rd party?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

ssh wrote:

well they have updated the site, the excess drops by 50% when you turn 30 :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

draffodx wrote:

I'm 25, I've had a license since I was 19 and had never claimed when I was on company insurance policy.

It doesn't seem to affect things though. My car is modded with a softtop and I live in an area where our local CHVs are quite happy to break into the cars of those that fund their social welfare. They didn't mind any of that. Eitherway, their site is a fairly honest representation of the facts. The second I get fully comp with a more reasonable excess for under €1500, I'll move. For now though, you can't really beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

From 123.ie -

"You qualify if...
    You are at least 25 years old OR if under 25 hold a 5 year No Claims Bonus
    Your car is valued at between €5,000 and €100,000 with an engine size of less than 3,000cc
    You have no convictions other than parking offences and up to 2 penalty points
    You have made no more than 2 claims in the past 5 years totalling less than €20,000
    You hold a full driving licence (add €400 to premium for a provisional licence)"

I have four years named no claims bonus and 1 under my own name (hopefully in january, touch wood) anybody know if this could be used as 5 years no claims bonus or does it have to be 5 years under my own name?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would assume they mean 5 years NCB in your own policy and not as a named driver on somebody else's policy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement