Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening Ports

• 11-10-2005 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

this may sound like the most stupidest question but how do i open a port?

say i want to open port 55321, how would i go about doing that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Forgive my ignorance, but which package are you with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bt 1meg

Outside my realm of knowledge, that router is. Opening ports is usually the same as port forwarding though, unless you are talking about opening them on a software firewall.

tbh i haven't a clue it's just a program tells me i need that port open for it to contact the internet.

i have sygate free firewall installed if that's any use?

Ok. Does the program have internet access? Has it been able to access the internet before? Have you just installed\updated it?

You can give a program access in Sygate by opening the main window (double-click on the tray icon) and find the program icon (all running programs should be visible). Programs that have full access show just the icon, programs that have to ask for access will have a yellow question mark overlayed, and programs that are blocked completely will have a red "no entry" sign overlayed.

You can change these options by right-clicking on the program's icon and selecting the option you want - "Allow", "Ask" or "Block".

Which is your at? Does changing its options work?

• Advertisement

oops i got it working,

turns out it was blocked.

thanks for your help aiden really appreciate it.

Advertisement