Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hill walking clubs in cork

Options
  • 12-10-2005 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone had any info on hill walking clubs in cork. ive seen the websites for the bishopstown club and the ramblers. i believe there may be clubs in douglas, glanmire and midleton but im drawing a blank on the net.

any info would be appreciated, as would impressions, feedback on the different clubs.

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Skorzeny

The best way to check things out is to head into the outdoor shops in the city centre. On the stairs up to hillwalkers in Union Chandlery and just inside the door in Mahers, there are a load of posters and leaflets from the different clubs.

Don't know much about the individual clubs except that bishopstown is quite a big one

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭flagpole

thanks Skorzeny, ill have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Sorry for the delay, here's a complete list of MCI clubs -> http://www.mountaineering.ie/mci/info/clublistmenu.htm#Websites

There's a climbing club in Midleton who may be able to help you, or you could just start rock-climbing and join them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭flagpole

thanks Phil,
    got in contact with a hill walking club in midleton, they didnt have a website etc (friend of mine had a number).

thanks to you and skorzeny for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mtmccallion

Thanks for this info - been looking to join a group for a while!

• Advertisement
Advertisement