Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swapping sides...

Options
  • 12-10-2005 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

how many people would actually swap side if they were kicking the proverbial ázz of the other team ?

I was on a server yesterday for a while ... things were going well then we got to a map I forget the name of it and two of the admin / clan members were on the other team and they proceeded to kick our ázz's I asked one of them to swap as they were the ones doing the damage ... scores were something like 280 to 60 at this stage. Is it just me or does a game like this seem a bit stupid ??

ukss was the name of the server I believe and the admin / clan members I found to be very childish ... is it just about scoring points or what ??

personally while I like winning ... I like a nice tight game had a few yesterday on Karkand (or however you spell it) .. coming down to within 10 points at the end ... great games .. great team play ... good buzz after whether or not we had won ... at least on my part ...

sorry if a thread like this has already been done ...

Would you swap sides to prevent a whitewash? 32 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    71% 23 votes
    How do I swap sides ?
    28% 9 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I hate this f**kin crap....especially on a server where it auto kicks you onto other side.....have been on plenty of servers....having a great round and getting towards the end and we have enemy pinned down.....next thing get kicked across to side pinned down because of stat whores who jump onto other side because they are doing better.....example.....was playing on random UK server yesterday on Wake island....we where US and I played medic most of the round.....had other team pinned back to the last flag in cornor where you can blow the bridge.....anyway dropped my medic kits and took over as sniper......had a lovely position and was taking a good few kills with sniper while the enemy tried to break out....at one stage after a break out of about 15 of them across the water they capped a flag but I stayed to keep initial flag pinned while the rest of the team tried to take back other flag....anyway had other flag taken back and next thing we where abit under manned at first flag so I was taken out....next thing get kicked over to other side.....me and 3 other on US side....checked and we spotted names who had swapped....asked and get back...."f**k you I need to get my stats up!"

Waited until end of round because I had got my sniper badge as US and then disconnected....now this morning checked stats and no badge.... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Hell no!! If im on a team thats owning the hell out of the opposition i sit back and watch my points rack up...its only the decent thing to do. If the other team sucks that badly they deserve to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. I only switch if the teams are unfair. Aside from that... why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

aye i wouldnt switch f it was 20 v 20 say and it was 180-50 the team are just crap then...i would only switch if numbers where uneven

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Deadwing wrote:
    Hell no!! If im on a team thats owning the hell out of the opposition i sit back and watch my points rack up...its only the decent thing to do. If the other team sucks that badly they deserve to lose

where's the fun in it though ? you might as well just be shooting bots

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

error9 wrote:

problem is that half the players on public servers are bots....and just jump sides to a better one to try and get some points which pi**es me off!! I just let the server throw me on watever side when I join and will only change if I spot that one team has more than other....this is easily done when you first join just hit tab!! after that I stay with that side unless the server kicks me to other side because some spanner has moved!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

error9 wrote:
    The fun in that is that your team is owning the other team. I like a nice even match as much as the next man, but given the chance id cream anyone 300 - 0 just for the *q3a voice* humiliation. Ive been on the recieving end of getting a whomping, and its not fun..but its a right barrel of laughs when its you dishing out the whomping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

I swap from the winning team quite often, usually not in the middle of a round though, i.e. if I'd worked hard to get into that position I'm not going to swap when there is no hope. I wait til the next new round and try and help the others. No fun for me whomping an enemy over and over.

Plus I find that there are more target to take down when your base is getting stormed as most of your team mates are cannon fodder :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I don't really care what side i am on as public servers are just for fun anyway though i would switch sides if the teams were uneven.What i don't like is muppets switching sides near the end of a round because they are losing the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

I woudnt change team if my team was losing, but I hate getting changed to the other team. Is it just random or what? It usually happens on TIG when I have a high score, gets bloody annoying, shouldnt they move the low scores or last person who joined?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'd change to the losing team if we were winning so much it was boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

There was commands that admin could stick on servers till prevent people swapping if they were commander, squad leaders or even in a squad just. Don't know if these scripts weren't allowed on ranked servers or not, seen somethin about them not bein allowed a while back. But would be nice to have the squads stay together at least, just swap the lone wolf's :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Most public servers won't let players switch if the teams are balanced (headcount wise, not scorewise) anyway.
    It does suck getting auto switched when you're part of a good squad that's been working well together :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i don't think you should be able to switch from a losing team to a winning team just because you're losing. it's childish, and people should be severely punished for doing it. electrocution or something.

by the way, how do you switch teams? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Subliminal

Id never swap rounds just because my side was losing, but it does p*ss me off that spanners who play crap on the losing team ( mostly tk'ers too ) switch to the winning team, then i am moved or someone who has worked hard on my side. Its retarted that the teams arent locked at the start of a round, if someone leaves, move the lowest scoring player over to balance. It seems stupid that the software cant recognise the scores, then move lowest scoring player automaticly. I was COMMANDER of usmc in a public server, and i had 48 pts or so, and 32 kills, 2 ppl switch to usmc from mec, i end up thrown over to MEC. Tho i think they fixed that with latest patch.

Sub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

Yeah it seriously annoys me wen ppl switch to hte winning team, its just lame.
    I mean if ur a good player u shudnt need to switch teams in order to keep ur stats up. Personally i think something shud be introduce where when a team is down to a certain percentage of their tickets, team switching shud be turned off although that would probsbly lead to lamers quitting the server, so its quite difficult to resolve.:confused:

Advertisement