Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posting spoilers incorrectly

• 12-10-2005 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

I'm really getting tired of coming on to this forum only to find that some idiot has posted a spoiler without marking it properly. It's got to the point where you can't take the chance of even looking at the thread titles without something being given away, never mind reading that actual posts.

Let me give a couple of examples starting with one from 20/9/2005. The morning after last months Unforgiven PPV where Matt Hardy and Edge had their cage match, a user by the name of nasty_crash posted a thread with the title "Hardy Will Not Die!! (Spoiler)"! Now before even reading the post it was obvious who had won the match! Instead of perhaps using "Matt Hardy vs. Edge (Spoiler)" as the thread title so as not to give anything away for those who had not yet watched the PPV the poster clearly got carried away and blew it for everyone. He might as well have posted "Hardy wins the cage match (Spoiler)" or "Cade and Murdock win tag titles (Spoiler)"!

And what was done about this? That's right, nothing as usual. I notice that from the three moderators that we have here, only one (Bombidol) seems to post semi-regularly while Hanza seems to have been AWOL since mid August! The moderators should be keeping an eye on thigs and removing these spoiler BEFORE we even have to report them.

Our new Super-Sleuth investigative reporter, BlackOps has really been a prime example of how not to do it recently. Not crediting your sources is just dumb for a start but he makes no effort whatsoever to conceal his spoilers. I refer you to these to threads as examples: Jim Ross to be fired!! and subsequently JR gets fired and Matt starts dating again?!

Where are the moderators when this is going on? Nowhere to be seen as usual. The only time I got some action out of a moderator recently was when that guy was trying to flog off the DVD's of TNA stuff he had recorded from tv. Even that had to be reported. I don't understand why it is so difficult to moderate a forum with so little traffic. If you're not interested in doing the job PROPERLY then I suggest you resign. If you are serious about it the please get serious about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cant disagree with any of the above. Its one of the reasons Ive pretty much stopped posting in this forum. Ive had too many shows spoiled by idiots, not to mention the constant spam, and one word replies, or beuties of posts like "I hate John Cena because he is crap" types.

I realise that the mods have their lives as well, and may not have as much net access as others. Maybe a new mod should be put in place who has a good presence on this board, and who will not tolerate muppetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Thanks gimmick. There's a couple of people around here who post regularly who I think would make very good mods (if they were interested). I don't want to name names incase I prejudice any decision but suffice to say, I know who I would like to nominate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I agree with what's been said. I'm always very wary about coming to this forum after the late night showing of Raw or after a PPV as there's always a chance that match results will be revealed.

It would be nice if mods could edit these kind of posts as soon as they're posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I contacted Amz our Cmod about this and she was very helpful.

As you can see, there is a new highly visable sticky to warn about spoilers so hopfully that should help out quite a bit.

Amz also said that she would take the matter further with the relevant authority figures.

Thanks Amz,

Good days work I reckon :)

Advertisement