Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Marshes Shopping Centre in Dundalk.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

Also, Burger King is open in just over a weeks time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Also, Burger King is open in just over a weeks time :D

Yippee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

hellboy99 wrote:
    if i go up in the car for a takeout will i have to pay for the car park :rolleyes:

the first little while for free I think bout 15-20 mins before you have to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

neacy69 wrote:
    the first little while for free I think bout 15-20 mins before you have to pay

that's no good, was in KFC the other day to get a take out, so much for fast food :rolleyes: . was waiting in the que for 10 minutes, got to give my order, waited another 5 minutes got my order and it was wrong. so i told the black one behind the till it was wrong ( don't know which one cause they all look the same in there ), waited again and again it was the wrong order. this went on four times till i got the right order :mad: . hire people that can speak and understand english will you :mad:

The staff in subway have much better english than the KFC ones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

hellboy99 wrote:
    that's no good, was in KFC the other day to get a take out, so much for fast food :rolleyes: . was waiting in the que for 10 minutes, got to give my order, waited another 5 minutes got my order and it was wrong. so i told the black one behind the till it was wrong ( don't know which one cause they all look the same in there ), waited again and again it was the wrong order. this went on four times till i got the right order :mad: . hire people that can speak and understand english will you :mad:

I have a two strike rule, this is your first one. Careful now !
    fatherted_black.gif

Sarge wrote:
    I have a two strike rule, this is your first one. Careful now !

:confused: what did i do :confused:

i think it might have been one of the black comments... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭mise_me_fein_V2

Do you know there's no Burger King's in France anymore

i didn't.... um... why?!? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Do you know there's no Burger King's in France anymore
    still have maccy d's :p
    oh and Quick which is basically the exact same

i think it might have been one of the black comments... :confused:

well i didn't say anything bad or racist ( i'm not racist either ), was just trying to make a point that the people there couldn't understand english too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

hellboy99 wrote:

if this is the black reference that you "dundalk_online" and "sarge" are refering then i think a warning was very harsh all he said was the black one (in red) that is in now way a racist slur or a derogatory term if it was the comment in orange then i spose that fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

hellboy99 wrote:
    it was wrong. so i told the black one behind the till it was wrong ( don't know which one cause they all look the same in there ), waited again and again it was the wrong order. this went on four times till i got the right order . hire people that can speak and understand english will you

fair enough then Sarge, maybe i should of said non-national but if i did people might think i have something against them and i didn't want it starting off a non-national bashing thread either.
    anyway i was just trying to make a point that if your going to hire staff that will have to deal with majority english speaking customers it makes sense to have someone that can speak and understand the language.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

did anyone see the Marshes ad on TV... I saw it the other day... twas on TV3 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Ooh they have ads on telly for it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

why bother, there is nothing in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

sofireland wrote:
    why bother, there is nothing in it!

Well there is a Sweet Factory. That's the most important part of the place, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 avicbebaldemelt

heard one of these is opening up in the food court

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eugenedonaghy

Any directions from the Armagh road went round dundalk looking 4 it earlier 2day thought it was on the old bypass cudnt get anywhere 2 park as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

From the Armagh Rd. ok

At the traffic lights at the Lisdoo turn right.
    Cross the bridge and turn left (keep left).
    At the cross roads turn left.
    Turn right onto the Eastern By Pass at junction.
    At the third set of traffic lights turn right.
    At the roundabout take second exit on your left.
    At the roundabout take second exit.
    Welcome to Marshes Shopping Centre.

You can either park on your left or continue forward to another car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭antopanto

woody wrote: »
    Yeah but who wants to goto MARS BAR Land they all look funny down there and think they are Jackheens :D

Although my brother in law would not agree :p

What is Mars Bar Land and what is a Jackheen, never heard of these expressions before

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

did anyone see the Marshes ad on TV... I saw it the other day... twas on TV3 I think

This it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

antopanto wrote: »
    What is Mars Bar Land and what is a Jackheen, never heard of these expressions before

Mars bar land = Drogheda....ask someone from there to say mars bar to see why.
    Jackheen is slang for someone from Dublin.

WRT to the Marshes; they don't need to advertise, they just need to remove the ridiculous parking rates....€1 for up to one hour is feckin' ridiculous, and no validation system for people actually buying stuff in the shops.

Regarding the parking issue that you raise there, Wertz, parking is free after 5.30pm and all day on Sunday, and you get 2 hours free parking if you spend €20 or more in Dunnes Stores.

Bard wrote: »
    you get 2 hours free parking if you spend €20 or more in Dunnes Stores.

Oh I know about the free periods....ie. when the UDC stop charging for their spaces round town.
    Wasn't aware of Dunnes' offer, certainly isn't made too clear anywhere.
    My point on validating parking stands; took a mate into it a few weeks back to get is son a PS3....that's around €500 dropped in a shop and I got to pay a euro for parking for 10 minutes? If anyone from Marshes happens to be reading, get a proper validation policy...not all your visitors are shopping in Dunnes.

While I'm here, the amount of people who clog up the feed roads around the centre by double parking, sitting on yellow lines or on corners and reduce visibilty for those passing is another symptom of the pay parking policy. They are sitting there waiting to pick up people leaving the centre and obviously don't want to be caught for fees...I narrowly avoided rear ending some idiot in a merc last week, who decided it would be a wonderful idea to just suddenly abandon her car on the last corner before the traffic lights on to the ramparts, to wait on her companion. Good few taxis do this as well.
    In fact the marshes has a lot to answer for WRT general traffic problems on the ramparts and subsequently back up into park st at busy times....but that's something that we'll just have to live with...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I think the first 10/15 minutes is free at the Marshes.

I've gone to validate my ticket a few times after a quick dash to the pharmacy only for the machine to tell me there's no charge?

Dunnes are the Anchor Tennant, the free parking with €20 spent was rolled into their contract.

I think the first 10/15 minutes is free at the Marshes.

BZZZT!

Got caught out earlier after popping into Easons for something...I was less than 5 minutes from the barrier going up to getting back to the pay machine...
    €1 charge... and that was after dropping €15 in Easons.

Ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Strange,... As far as I know, 15 minutes is the limit that they start charging at and it's free when you're there less than that..- I've NEVER paid a penny for parking when I've spent less than 15 minutes there. It always said "€0.00" on screen at the paystation and spat back out the ticket. Really, though, the first 30 minutes (if not the first full hour) should be free parking, but I can't see that happening...

The people parking on the double yellow lines (particularly at the corner of Dunnes as you come out of car park 2/the service yard, and at the barrier behind the Easons loading bay) to pick people up seriously piss off the car park staff and yes, they ask them to move on fairly regularly - although they don't have enough staff to get to all of them...

Frankly, it's idiotic - most of the time I encounter these people (who are often waiting to pick staff up after work), it's after 5.30pm and they could have parked for free anyway instead of blocking the bloody road.

I'm glad I won't be working in the Marshes after this week...

Advertisement