Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Festival 2005

Options
  • 12-10-2005 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

Well how is it going so far this year? I went down there Monday evening to see it with the rest of my class from college but couldnt get into the Kino because tickets were sold out! Lowzy! We were a bit disappointed that we didnt get to see nothing, (after making the long trip down from Clonmel) but we went drinking instead. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Am heading to a couple of films tonight (Paranoia & Optronica) after leaving it too late to get tickets to the Irish Flash showing last night. Got tickets for the Irish Film Board Shorts and the NIFTC short films on Saturday as well - need to see if I can get tickets to "A Year in The Death of Jack Richards" tomorrow and "Dumplings" on Saturday night...

What's everyone else going to see? And has anyone seen anything particularly good?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well, Paranoia was quite good - reminded me of Eraserhead to an extent, good use of sound and visuals, and some unusual camera angles and lighting. The ending was a bit damp, and it was a bit too long though.

Optronica was really good - essentially a collection of weird electronic music videos, it would quite possibly bore the arse off you if you're not interested in electronic music or weird visualisations. The crowning piece was "The Italian Job" - made by the folks from Addictive TV who are doing a set tonight at the Savoy.

What's anyone else been to see?

Advertisement