Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed re.6230

• 12-10-2005 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise if this is suitable for the nokia 6230?

regards kieran

512Mb Reduced Size MultiMedia Card (RS-MMC) - GoldFlash BMC-RS512
    Gold Label High Speed Reduced Size MultiMedia Card RS-MMC for ultra-compact digital devices. Weight 1g, Dimensions 18x24x1.4mm. Includes adapter making this card compatible with all MMC/SD compatible devices. 50% smaller than standard MMC cards. Temp range: -25°C to +85°C. Full specs, Stock: 10-20 units
    Manufacturer: Barun, Warranty: 7 years € 30.58
    ex. VAT € 37
    incl. VAT Convert to
    GBP - USD

or is it:
    512Mb Kingston MMCmobile (Dual Voltage RSMMC), High-Speed MMCM/512
    High-Speed MMCmobile memory card - transfer speeds 8MB/sec (read) and 7MB/sec (write). MMCmobile RSMMC (DV RSMMC) for compact digital devices. Supporting Dual Voltage feature, compatible with Nokia 6630/6680. Fully compatible with all SD and MMC devices. Weight 1g, Dimensions 24x18x1.4mm. 50% smaller than standard MMC cards. Low power consumption. Includes MMC adapter and retail packaging. Full specifications, Stock: 20+ units
    Manufacturer: Kingston, Warranty: Lifetime € 42.15
    ex. VAT € 51
    incl. VAT Convert to
    GBP - USD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the 6230 takes standard mmc cards, not rs-mmc.

http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=302120&cks=PRL
    that card definitely works because my friend has it in his phone. some brands wont work above 128mb

you can buy either one of the the rs-mmc cards if you want tho. both will work but costs more

unless your post is wrong and you meant to say 6630 in which case its the bottom one, the dual voltage one. kington ones definitely work because i have one in my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'll confirm that http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=302120&cks=PRL works in the Nokia 6230. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Thanks lads,appreciate it,

regards kieran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

or you could probably get one off ebay for half the price if you shop around.

don't forget a card reader too. you'll have a job with either the data cable or bluetooth with a card that size. takes ages. pretty sure the USB is only USB1 not USB2. someone correct me if i'm wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What USB vibe666? It doesn't come with a cable usually. As for the card, other makes proberly work - but the 6230 is known to have mixed feelings about them. You might be unlucky, you might not.

As for the Bluetooth... you don't generally transfer all the data back and forth each night - so if cost is an issue then hold off on the reader for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you can buy a data cable for a few euro off ebay, same as with a card reader or a bluetooth dongle, if you don't already have one.

bluetooth really isn't an option for moving 1gb of data anywhere as in tests just now, it's taking approx, 1min per megabyte to move an mp3, which is something like 16 hours to fill up a 1gb card.

for the sake of a fiver I'll be going for a USB2 card reader. ;)

Advertisement