Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pussycat_doll

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pussycat_doll

thanx for stickin up for me! i dunno i just liked the name lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

ok, excuse you Jakkass, no one put me in charge nor was I assuming a position of inchargeness, I was merely making a suggestion, one which if you read her posts, pussycat_doll did not seem too opposed to complying with so don't go giving out to me you little Jakkass.

Also, you're probably just bitter because if I recall correctly, I believe there was a similar thread to this one about you Jakkass, and look how we beat text speak out of you (almost).

As for "loling" I have no problem with the abbreviation LOL nor with similar ones such as ROFL or even FFS. It is when people use lol at the start and end of every sentence that it annoys me, because they are not ACTUALLY laughing out loud, which is what it actually stands for. If you want to make light of something add a smiley face or something, don't put a zillion "lol"s.

Whatever Diarmsquid, it might be in the English language but not as the defnition she means. I win! :P

Of course people make spelling mistakes or as my dear friend flashling and I and others do, add "-ness" to words (therefore not really correct) and other such things, but we all make a concerted effort to type properly in consideration of other boardsers.

So just try pussycat_doll

(P.S. Hey guys should we ban her friend though?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

lol... the friend is worse tbh :P

Also, you're are probably just bitter because if I recall correctly, I believe there was a similar thread to this one about you Jakkass, and look how we beat text speak out of you (almost).

also that wasnt textspeak in my case =/

noooo! please dont ban my friend! she'll need some extra time to get used to it! and im sorry jakkass that you're liking me less and less.......cos i still like you! lol (is it ok if i use it ther mysteryfish?)

So really i think the problem is not pussycat_doll, but her friend.

Anyone with me on this one?

Ban her Victor, you can see she wont convert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Here lads, cut them a break, I mean they'll soon get used to how it's done around here!

here here ;) well said mate

cos...hmm...i'll have to think about that one. The others can decide (bar Jakkass)

Whatever Jakkass, the point is you had a thread to yourself that involved similar posts in an unfriendly manner against you.

Anyway pussycat_doll, if you follow the rules, you'll find we're actually very nice people who can be quite humourous occaisionally. So stick around if you can stand the heat.

Common sense dictates that when someone is new, they are allowed to break the unsaid rules. Now they knwo, and they are making the effort.

• Advertisement

thanks! i really appreciate the odd bit of non-hatred! :D ps thanks for not hating my friend either! she totally rox!

wtf? what has she ever done to you? she will try to type proper too, just let me talkt ot her about it! this is gettin crazy! do you not have anythin better to talk about than banning us? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Ban her Victor, you can see she wont convert!
    Could you not at least wait for some replies to the poll before you come up with a result?
    As it stands, 100% want them to stay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Threads merged.

Hey Victor?
    Care to give a comment?

cos...hmm...i'll have to think about that one. The others can decide (bar Jakkass)

Whatever Jakkass, the point is you had a thread to yourself that involved similar posts in an unfriendly manner against you.
    Mysteryfish this attitude towards me is totally uncalled for since im only stating my opinion

ok now im totally confused cos the threads were merged! :confused: so victor, whats gonna happen?

hey, you started it man.

does she now...

• Advertisement

hey, you started it man.
    pfft ....
    you had given orders to the two girls as if you were in charge just wait till Victor does it for you please instead of just taking the "law" into your own hands lol!

now i feel bad coz i feel liike im causin fights or somethin! :( i just wanted to come on here and talk to people my age bout stuff and noow its turned into this huge drama! lol

**** happens...

Jakkass, Did you even READ my posts? I recall that I repeatedly asked other peoples opinions and for their suggestions and I never once assumed that what I was suggesting was final say or anything so stop saying I was, Jakkass. When I give orders it will be VERY clear that it's an order. Pussycat_doll had every opportunity to say she didn't want to follow my suggestion/advice.

and i never said anything to the friend. No advice, no orders, no nothing. So Pfft...Yourself.

Don't feel bad pussycat_doll, this is between Jakkass and me and he was just asking to start an argument

yeh but i feel like its my fault....

Ok guys settle down a bit. I think the whole pussycat_doll disscussion should stop now.
    She's posting fine.

• Advertisement

You banned her?
    For what? She was posting fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I said "On topic", she didn't understand.

Will she be unbanned in the near future?

doubtful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Victor wrote:
    Threads merged.

Woeful merging job. :)

• Advertisement

the word lick comes to mind lol...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Jakkass... woeful = bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Hum, whats going on in here.*looks around*.Calm the flock down the lot of ye.You have managed to make this into a 100 poster.Now all of ye go home and think about what you have done.Go, i want no arguments .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Mystery, hate to get involved (because you'll kill me on monday!) but you're being really mean/uncalled for. Yeah, you were ordering. "Victor, ban her!". That's an order. Also, it was really unnecessary to bring Jakass' past of using text speak into this. Sure, he may be biased, but you don't know!

Jakass: Stop being such a jerk to Mysteryfish. I heart her, she's great! And, in all fairness, you did kind of pick a fight.

Wow, I'm being far to preachy....oh well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Hahahah! As I read that your sig. said, "flashling for your health." A more ironic sig. I have not encounter-ed.

Flashling wrote:
    Mystery, hate to get involved (because you'll kill me on monday!) but you're being really mean/uncalled for. Yeah, you were ordering. "Victor, ban her!". That's an order. Also, it was really unnecessary to bring Jakass' past of using text speak into this. Sure, he may be biased, but you don't know!

Jakass: Stop being such a jerk to Mysteryfish. I heart her, she's great! And, in all fairness, you did kind of pick a fight.

Wow, I'm being far to preachy....oh well!
    sorry Mysteryfish :p
    I perhaps started an argument because some other things were going wrong (blog for info) that day I suck for taking things out wrongly :( sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Pussycat_doll: You seem like a really sweet girl, some of my best friends speak in text speak, but while It's alright on mobile phones, and to some extent on messenger, It is simply bad nettequitte to use it on a Forum. Text speak originated as characters on mobile phones were limited, and now people have become lazy and use it wherever they can. It is unnecessary to use it on a forum though and your characters are limited to several thousand. Reading through the whole thread, I can see you've made a huge improvement in your language. Nicely done, you'll make sergeant for this.

Liz

(Oh yeah, ban the friend, she hasn't copped on yet)

shes banned already,
    Diarmsquid wrote:
    You banned her?
    For what? She was posting fine!

Whoopsies, I stopped paying attention near the end of this thread.

every little helps :)

• Advertisement

there is nothing wrong with being a leitrimite!at least we act friendly and are courteous unlike people in large cities who dont give a ****!she said southside(obviously) diarmtard!

See it's the ''Obviously'' that really annoys me. Why is it obvious that she's from the southside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Nice generalisation there, The_Dazzler.

like calling me a culchie!

not to rant but in all honesty!dublin people arent the most friendly!its dangerous town to be around after discos!in polls asking tourists who were the friendliest!the northwest received the highest ratings in the whole country!i suppose ye think we are all poor ignorant people!maybe we are!im in college in galway!the only fights i have seen was between bouncers and lads who were down from dit!

They are generalisations for a reason!

people in donegal are real cool actually most of my family lives up there (granny, cousins aunts uncles)

im in college in galway!
    What are you doing here?
    Try here. :)
    diarmtard
    Smooth, mature college boy. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

First time poster, long time reader yadda yadda yadda...

Moral of the story: pussycat doll, "shut up".

qz wrote:
    First time poster, long time reader yadda yadda yadda...

Moral of the story: pussycat doll, "shut up".
    She's been shut up already.
    :mad:

• Advertisement

yeah me mature!thats like saying im not an alcoholic!bah!im not much older than ye!i turn seventeen in december!the advantages of not doing ty!god bless my beloved fake age card!well anyway!bring back pussycat girl!she was cool to rip the piss out of!

Advertisement