Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Changing region and language

• 12-10-2005 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Can region and language be changed from the command prompt?

I want to write a batch file so I don't have to do it manually as my arabic isn't very good :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Which version of windows ?
    How do you change it at present ?

Stupid question but are you sure an Arabic install has a windows option too, only asking because M$ don't usually let you change langague unless they two are similar or when they are trying to gain market share or not fully localised or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Sorry it's Windows XP Pro (sp2). Change it through Regional And Language options in the control panel. Oh yeah, there is an arabic install option (Hebrew too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭theexis

M$ don't usually let you change langague unless they two are similar or when they are trying to gain market share or not fully localised or something.

Guess you never moved from Win9x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

M$ don't usually let you change langague unless they two are similar or when they are trying to gain market share or not fully localised or something.

I'm not really sure what you mean there, though I am aware of an issue that runs right up to the latest version of Windows. Unicode fonts won't display certain languages properly in programs unless the language is properly set in the Regional Settings. Something to do with what API calls are used, or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭theexis

Thats an application problem, i.e. the application itself is not UNICODE enabled. For this, the OS has to run it under some ANSI codepage (and for language that have no codepage like Hindi you're out of luck).

• Advertisement
Advertisement