Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

|\\organising boards beers properly//|

Options
  • 12-10-2005 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

fact is that not everyone will check boards frequently enough to get a good load of people there, only way to do it is like a society social event:

choose where to go
    choose when to go, at least 2 weeks in advance.
    have a central 'database' of email addresses and/or moblie phone numbers to sort **** out...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeah FS Friday afternoons?Wtf Lectures and the likes. Would it not make more sense to meet up on a friday or a saturday night somewhere in town where people from all over can attend and not be stuck getting 2 busses to UCD in the morning and home again at 5pm drunk and incapacitated for the evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Well boys we had a pretty successful beers in the Porterhouse not so long ago which had a pretty good turn out.

That was definitely due to the fact that there was far more notice given.

I agree about the Friday afternoons though. But they're usually just a few of the old reliables who are complete bums anyway :D

So how about suggestions for a date for the beers? Would people approve of Porterhouse Central? (formerly Judge Roy Beans) We would have one member in our party that would have some *ahem* connections in there....... ;)

I like the idea of the mobile numbers and email addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Im easy. Like the idea of beers in UCD as well tho just to relax after lectures and just chill. Not necessarily get locked.
    Other idea sounds good too tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I will talk to my people on the inside peachy!!

See I have two options, go and not drink and drive. Or go out and get locked. Getting locked appeals to my scobie side. Porterhouse sounds like a perfect spot.

• Advertisement

Ok well lets say provisionally Porterhouse Central.

Now, pick a date.

Bear in mind the main Boards Beers is on the 12th of November.

I still think that we should give a fair bit of notice and have some *mini-beers* in ucd before the big one. It would be nice for those who have never come to a beers before to do so in college where they'll be more comfortable, rather than out in town where they wont know anyway.

So any suggestions.

Also, i really liked ferdi's suggestion of the email and phone numbers lists. I'll be more than happy to do this if there are no objections??

Also, i really liked ferdi's suggestion of the email and phone numbers lists. I'll be more than happy to do this if there are no objections??

Sure whats the worst that can happen. I like that idea also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Put people's phone no's, addresses on the net? :rolleyes:

Fire away 087*******

If anyone can guess my number maybe in a hangman stylie I'll buy their pints for the night. :)

Seriously though I don't agree with that. I never give my number to someone who I don't know or don't trust and you never know who could get their hands on your number. Email address maybe, ph no. no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Fire away 087*******

If anyone can guess my number maybe in a hangman stylie I'll buy their pints for the night. :)

Fine, but I get 10 guesses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

All sounds good to me are their any other dates that are out of the question? Wouldnt be massively confident of posting the mobile number up on boards though, though I would pm to whoever it when the list is being made.

• Advertisement

Fire away 087*******

Seriously though I don't agree with that. I never give my number to someone who I don't know or don't trust and you never know who could get their hands on your number. Email address maybe, ph no. no way.

Ok two things.

1) Your phone number wouldnt be "on the net".... :rolleyes: I think its pretty obvious that it would involve a PM.

2) if people dont want to give their phone number then dont. I have a fair few boardies numbers as it is (including yours :rolleyes: )
    If people would feel more comfortable giving email addresses then go for it.

ive no quibbles about giving either so lemme know what the dealio is ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'm cool for either too. Won't someone please ring me?....So lonely...
    Maybe I'll actually meet some of the CS people if we have an organised beers :rolleyes:

Just meet up on tuesday or something :p

I have a fair few boardies numbers as it is (including yours :rolleyes: )

I dare ya to put it up!

Using my vast philospohical expertise the best way to organise a beers is to start a thread and say is this day/time/venue cool with the majority or have a poll for a date/venue/time lasting a few days. Everyone has a say and most people will be happy. Having a email/telephone list is a waste of time and a bit complicated and requires at bit of effort IMO. If someone wants to show up at a beers let them do it of their own choosing.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i've got a few boardsie's no's. not a big problem really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i like beer
    just tell me where to go.

I dare ya to put it up!

Using my vast philospohical expertise the best way to organise a beers is to start a thread and say is this day/time/venue cool with the majority or have a poll for a date/venue/time lasting a few days. Everyone has a say and most people will be happy. Having a email/telephone list is a waste of time and a bit complicated and requires at bit of effort IMO. If someone wants to show up at a beers let them do it of their own choosing.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Yea we can start threads blah de blah......at the same time. it's always nice to get a text saying "BEERS REMINDER be at <insert pub here> at 9pm"
    Having a email/telephone list is a waste of time and a bit complicated and requires at bit of effort IMO.

Well its a good thing its not you thats going to do it then isnt it. its an effort that i have offered to make, and in my opinion its hardly a massive inconvenience to send a group mail or a group text :rolleyes:

zane, if you dont want me to text you then i wont. no big deal.
    my having peoples numbers and email addresses does not mean in any way that i will have the final say on the beers. the polls will still happen and everyone is free to make suggestions and have their say, but as ferdi pointed out, not everyone checks boards as regularly as most of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Putting your phone number up here ain't that big a deal anyway. I still have Ferdi's from when he was putting together the basis for the (never to materialise) Rock\o/Soc.

Basically, we have a thread, maybe with a poll in it or whatever. Then, we can PM our numbers to whoever posts professing their interest in coming along to the beers.

Is that simple enough?

SebtheBum wrote:
    Putting your phone number up here ain't that big a deal anyway. I still have Ferdi's from when he was putting together the basis for the (never to materialise) Rock\o/Soc.

Basically, we have a thread, maybe with a poll in it or whatever. Then, we can PM our numbers to whoever posts professing their interest in coming along to the beers.

Is that simple enough?
    OT but I was looking forward to having a Rock Soc in UCD :(

• Advertisement

Well its a good thing its not you thats going to do it then isnt it.

touché :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So are we having it in the porterhouse this week so?quel day et temp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

i just posted a reply but there was s0me err0r.

This wednesday is good for me, any venue also.

BTW There is a roc soc!!! The geology one! It rocks!

PiZaRR-0 wrote:

BTW There is a roc soc!!! The geology one! It rocks!
    What do you do there?get 'stoned'? :o
    Yep wedensday is good for me too this week-is it true that karl spain is playing a gig on tues in bar does anyone know?

Tuesday there's a JazzSoc gig on in the bar, I think. The Fonix Monkies, No Standing, Shambhala and MC, Bryan Dunleavy apparently

maybe he's in the astra hall so-saw him last year in the student bar and almost peed my pants he was so funny!if i get to speak to him after the gig since he's a fello limerickan il tell him to come to the ucd boards beers meet up on wedensday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Yea we can start threads blah de blah......at the same time. it's always nice to get a text saying "BEERS REMINDER be at <insert pub here> at 9pm"

oohyeah that'd be cool....even an email would be!!

[i have friends i swear] :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Well, I'm the Chief Co-ordinator for these beers.

Basically because I'm the only person sad enough to a) want the job, and b) give the job a name like "Chief Co-ordinator", but nonetheless...

Anyway, as a principle organiser I will gladly receive the numbers of any people who intend to attend the beers. And I promise I won't just maliciously read out said numbers on air at Belfield FM, resulting in a lot of prank calls and spamtext... Mwaha.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Well, I'm the Chief Co-ordinator for these beers.

Basically because I'm the only person sad enough to a) want the job, and b) give the job a name like "Chief Co-ordinator", but nonetheless...

I think I'm even sadder for being jealous of Seb's sad self awarded position of ''Chief Co-ordinator.'' :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

What do you do there?get 'stoned'?

......TAXI!!!!!

only messin, no we usually look at cleavage.
    Now thats a real nerdy geology joke, but its not my fault!!!! aaaa!! stop!!!
    Anyway im very thirsty. Any minerals? !!!! Ahhh! Another one!

Advertisement