Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guest Login

Options
  • 12-10-2005 12:43pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

I have done a search on Google of the boards site and have had no joy but cannot login in as Guest, what is the procedure?

Cheers
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

try logging out and clearing your cookies manually.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cheers Billy

Do you just login as Guest Guest then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

no you just go to the board you want to post whether it be LGB or PI and post.

also worth mentioning is this page

http://dontlogin.boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hi
    I still cant see where the guest login is.
    I get no option to login as a guest :(

Or am I missing something

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

There is no guest log in. Sign out, and you will still be able to post in any forums that allow anon. posting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Correct, there is no guest login here.

Some forums such as PI support anonymous posting, to avail of it you simply log out before you post. As I said, only some forums allow this, most don't.

Such posts do not appear straight away though as they have to be vetted by a mod first. :)

I've tried. I'm attempting to start a new thread but it keeps asking for a unsername and to verify two words, I put my username into the username box and then it tells me that the username is already in use etc.....

What am I doin like a noob?????/

HB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just tried it and you're right. You have to pick a funky username that's not already in the database and it must be less than 15 characters.

Give it another shot.

That worked.

Cheers

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is now possible in serveral forums to post unregistered or anon.

You have to log out of the site and then either start a new thread while logged out or click on the reply to a thread.

You will be take to a screen like this one:
    3598891009_b4c836c568_o.jpg

It is a good idea to take alter the username from unregistered to something else esp as there could be a few people in the thread posting this way and it can get confusing.

Please remember all unregistered or anon threads and post have to be manually approved by the forum moderators so it may take some time for them to appear. Any unregistered threads or posts which breach the charter of the forum will not be approved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement